Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to get engaged?
I'm sorry if I started a useless topic but I didn't find any that would have any discussion about this.

Anyway, me and my bf. We've been together 28 months (my record, YAY?), of which we have lived together for almost 4 months. We're doing great and I have a very strong feeling that he might be the one. But I don't want to rush things.

I've met his family quite a few times, we get along fine. He hasn't met my family, since my family doesn't know about him. Well, my mom does, and she's happy for us, but she hasn't told my stepfather or my brother and sisters (they're younger, from 11 to 14 yrs old). And none of my further relatives (further relatives? Uncles, aunts, you know) know. Mom thinks I shouldn't tell them yet because it's too soon (I kinda understand about my siblings but not why I shouldn't tell the rest of the family). They know I have something going on with someone but they don't know that my better half has a penis.

Is there a correct time to get engaged? Is it stupid now when we're not a secret but not out either?

Dont ask me - I have been with Wake for 9 Years and we are still not engaged....... go with your heart and do what feels right to you.

AirBorn Wrote:Dont ask me - I have been with Wake for 9 Years and we are still not engaged....... go with your heart and do what feels right to you.

Oh! No kidding. Where have I been? I didn't know this. But it's very cool both of you are here together!

Awesome!
Smile

Were you thinking of a long or short engagement? I.e. getting married fairly quickly or just making the decision to get married and leaving setting an actual date for later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

People are different, one of my friends got married after 3 moths after knowing her boyfriend and they have been together for 2 years. Some may think that is very soon but I don't think there is a set time when you have to be engaged by. Do what you think. :-)

LateBloomer Wrote:Oh! No kidding. Where have I been? I didn't know this. But it's very cool both of you are here together!

Awesome!
Smile

Thanks. He is the love of my life, straight, bi, whatever. I fell in love with him because of WHO he is, not what he is. <3