Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When we fall in love ...
I don't think it's possible to love someone you don't know, so I think it's attraction at first sight and I'm sure it can be intense. I think this attraction goes beyond just lust. We are drawn to that person on many levels and it leads to wanting to get to know them better. I think only then can we know if we truly love someone.
I would say, too, that loving someone doesn't necessarily mean you can make a relationship work. There are so many variables involved. I've been there and it hurts like hell.
I think it's possible to know love more than once. Where there is life there is the possibility of love.

I've been together with my husband for so many years that I can hardly remember the initial passion & intimacy that we shared back then. It cooled down and turned into a comfortable feeling of companionship.

That highly charged emotional love - seems to be fleeting when I look back on it. The extreme emotions accompanied with that word have faded,,, but there's something left that binds us together. It's that "something" that is truly important in the long run. And that "something" is a fierce loyalty, respect, & trust for one another that has never faded, and was never broken to a point it couldn't be fixed. It held us together thru all the arguments, all the many months apart, all the physical changes that come with age,,,and all the relationship mistakes that we made..

It was "true love" that brought us together, but it wasn't "true love" that kept us together.

Now excuse me while I go throw some grease on the kitchen floor so I can laugh hilariously when my husband slips and falls!!!!!

Crazy as ever,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

MikeW Wrote:First off... NOT EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I see you keep saying that, it just isn't true. "Even God Himself can't beat an Ace with a Deuce of Spades." Or.. Once someone is dead, they're fucking dead. They're not coming back into your life. Ever. So why give voice to this silly "anything is possible" BS, VS?

That said, some things ARE possible that may be highly unlikely.

Take "love at first sight" for example. I know that happens because it happened to me with my second partner, Thomas. We were both at a social gathering... a large house party with, ummm, I'd say around 75 gay men. I knew quite a few of them as they were all Discovery Community members. I was walking along a path toward the hot tub.... this was a huge hot tub, almost the size of a small swimming pool. In fact, it had water jets in it so one could swim in place. It easily held more than a dozen guys.

Anyway, I'm heading to the dressing room and I see Thomas sitting there on the lawn with a couple other guys and he sees me at the same moment. There was this arch of electricity, like lightening, that jumped between us that was SO INTENSE that it literally shocked me. It was like a jolt of electricity running through my body. AND, moreover, I saw that HE felt the same god damned thing!

Typical me, though, I played it cool. Walked right past him and into the changing room, took off my clothes and got into the hot tub next to my best friend, Ira. I was telling him about what had just happened and the next thing I know, there's Thomas (we'd not yet introduced ourselves), naked and getting into the hot tub. Then he proceeded to get right next to ME, smiling this big ass grin.

Now I'll grant you that we came to love one-another MORE as time went on. There's a whole, novel length drama that unfolds in our relationship. It ends up being a total DISASTER. I've told bits and pieces of this story in the forum before.

But that isn't the point. Yeah it was lust. Yeah it was "infatuation". But it was also way more than that. WE KNEW one another. Instantly. It was like we'd been there/here before... possibly many times. Our relationship was INTENSE, very intense, from the first moment we laid eyes on one another and STAYED that way for the years we were together. It wasn't always "a bed of roses" either. At times it was bloody fucking hell. PASSION... it is a strong force and it can make people go crazy. Totally bat shit crazy.

But, yeah, it WAS "love" at first sight.

I didn't say it was possible for a dead person to come back to life, ofcourse not.. .. I meant that everything is possible to an extent. Life is a gigantic intense crazy messy chaos and because it is so, anything is possible "to an extent" ... Nothing could be assumed or expected things come as they are and that's it, regardless of them being highly likely/ unlikely... doesn't change the fact that in the end, anything IS POSSIBLE!
Now, I've never experienced what you did and I'm praying to God that I will someday.. But I did meet gay guys where we had mutual attraction and ... They stuck in my mind. I just kept thinking of them. Lol

AlfredMamza Wrote:Well, what I meant by that was, there must be more than one soul mates. Otherwise, you could be spending your whole life looking for one person who could exist anywhere on earth and still not finding him. It's like finding a needle in the haystack. There must be more than one needle.

I see you're point. You do have a point. Yeah, I change my mind. I agree with you!

Darius Wrote:I don't think it's possible to love someone you don't know, so I think it's attraction at first sight and I'm sure it can be intense. I think this attraction goes beyond just lust. We are drawn to that person on many levels and it leads to wanting to get to know them better. I think only then can we know if we truly love someone.
I would say, too, that loving someone doesn't necessarily mean you can make a relationship work. There are so many variables involved. I've been there and it hurts like hell.
I think it's possible to know love more than once. Where there is life there is the possibility of love.

That's so true. Just cuz you're in love. Doesn't mean it is going to work out. There's more to the relationship than just "Love"