Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When/whether to out self to straight guy
ceez Wrote:Why can't I ever meet people like this, for me the second coversation is about how much they "hate faggots". :mad:

Just from my *limited* experiences with guys saying things like that.......(4 years in the marines + living in a state with less than one obvious openly gay person per 200 sq. miles).... I've learned that most of the new guys who use lines like that are making assumptions that I'm straight and are just trying to find something in common to talk about.

The subjects are real predictable. Sports. Cars & motorcycles. Drinking. Chasing pussy. Hating fags. It's just a ritual they've been conditioned to repeat.

The exceptions to that are easy to spot. If you're at a gym working out next to a guy with a bible tat on one forearm, a cruxifiction (spelled correctly) scene on his chest and a pair of praying hands on the other forearm, take his word for it when he says he hates fags.

Then there are the really interesting ones. They come out with the "I hate fags" line to make sure YOU don't think they are a fag because they're dealing with issues that make them think they might be. If you come out to them they do all sorts of apologizing and back tracking to get away from that line and try to buddy up. If you give them your phone number you can bet you'll hear from them again --- usually wanting to do something on the down low. It's up to you if you want to get involved with them beyond that point. There have been a few I wish I could have.

Whoa! I finally broke 2000 points. Someone wake up Andy and tell him to bring the booze and go go dancers.

^ For you.....[Image: giphy.gif]

Okay then... I'll settle for coffee with 2 squirts of DaVinci Vanilla.

DaVinci squirts in flavors?! That man never ceases to amaze me!
I bid NO Trump!

Have had a similar situation, it didn't end well, so tread carefully if you want to continue your friendship

^ It doesn't always end well, no. But my mindset is that I don't want to be friends with somebody who really doesn't like gay people. I could probably hide my sexuality fairly easily - I wear sports jerseys and jeans most of the time, anyway - but I'm not interested in doing so. I've lost out on a few potential friends by not-just-being-gay-but-living-gay, but as far as I'm concerned, it just means I now have a higher class of friends. Smile

Lex

So get this? The second guy I referenced in the OP - who ended up being totally cool - has a band. I sent the main guy in this story their bandcamp link and he liked their sound, so we have been looking for a chance to go see them.

They are playing tonight and one of the other bands is called Gay Guy/Straight Guy.

You can't make this stuff up.

ceez Wrote:Why can't I ever meet people like this, for me the second coversation is about how much they "hate faggots". :mad:

Yup. All the straight guys around here talk about is college football, deer hunting, and complaining about Obama, blacks, and "queers" (take your pick).

It's not ALL straight guys, but it sure seems to be the solid majority of them.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:So get this? The second guy I referenced in the OP - who ended up being totally cool - has a band. I sent the main guy in this story their bandcamp link and he liked their sound, so we have been looking for a chance to go see them.

They are playing tonight and one of the other bands is called Gay Guy/Straight Guy.

You can't make this stuff up.

It just screws up your whole world view when crap like that happens, huh?

hahahahahaha! I live for things like that! They make you stop and wonder....

"is there someone up there messing with me?"

Right? I LMAO'd when I saw that.

After all that, he flaked last night because he didn't feel good. Too bad because it would have been a perfect opener to the conversation.

As I said somewhere above, this is not someone I have a lot invested in, but I do not have a lot of friends with similar musical taste so it would be cool to make it work.

[MENTION=21084]Virge[/MENTION], how did you come out to [MENTION=21440]StingRay[/MENTION] and what was his reaction?