Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will technology reach its limit?
This is a really excellent question and I want to know when do you think there will be no more technological advancements. Is technology infinite? Will it always go on and on?

I feel there will be a point where it will end. Technology can only go so far. We're in the year 2010 (going on 2011) and technology improves everyday. I don't think technology will stop in 100 years. I will say it will end in the late 2200s... if humanity does go that far. What do you think?

Wow that's a tough one...
Just in my lifetime we went from no PC's or Internet or MP3 or Digital Cameras or Cellphones...
Now there's all these fancy electronic "devices" with more new/inproved stuff out every year

Personally I don't think it will ever 'end' , but will slow down more and more over time...
they won't be doubleing the processing power every couple years like it is now LOL

It will reach its limit when the imagination of the people who come up with technology run out of ideas

that could be a while

Why would people stop inventing new or better things? We've been at it consistently for the last 6,000 years at least.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Never?

But Mr. No So Lonely is right.

I mean...I don't think technology in the way we see it has any limits. It's just that human kind may not be able to look beyond some...things, and so..

I don't see why it should come to an end until we come to an end. There are completely new fields of science and technology that have only appeared during my lifetime. I can only see the trend continuing into the foreseeable future unless some kind of group with an eye on a mythical past becomes powerful enough to put an end to such creativity.

But even if that or those group(s) manage it, there will still be opposition to it / them and all the creative ressources and forces to liberate oneself from its / their yoke.

When we've thought of everything, ever.
Then maybe.

But if thought truly is infinate, then there is no limit to science and thusly technology.

(I almost sound like i know what i'm talking about.....:redfaceSmile
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I think I'll let the major take this one.

Major Motoko Kusanagi: If a technological feat is possible, man will do it. Almost as if it's wired into the core of our being

Moore's Law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law

I'll also refer you to Kurzweil and The Law of Accelerating Returns

Accelerating change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia