Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you get too much into the story
Have you ever taken someone's problems as yours? And then you can't stop thinking about the case and just keep getting more and more depressed the more you think about it. And everything seems to revolve around this thing and..and..

I know, I know, I will regret posting this, but it's just one of those days and I need to get this off my chest sorta somewhere because I guess I won't be seeing my psychologist soon ://///...

When this helping part of me is gone, I miss it. But now...It happens all the time, someone tells me about a problem of theirs and I just keep thinking about it it's almost like I live just so that I can think of a solution to the case and see what happens but then that's not my life - it's gone and I may lie to myself that I'm happy it has resolved, but I know that...ugh... Angry
But on the other hand I LOVE doing that, trying to help..right now I live only so that I can get up in the morning and see what had happened with a...person whose problem I have um...gotten into so much, if i can say that. then I count the hours to the next time I learn about it and..and...it's fuckin killeng me sorta that nothing's working out, like it's my problem, but it's not
I have to get a life, really... Angry one moment everything looks so cool, I'm so happy because of something, next moment something else pops up around some kind of a problem like that and I go crazy and then there's my sister who's driving me insane and imma punch her and....FUCKK

Ughhh, I'm sorry...

While it might be difficult for you, I find it hard to see your problem as anything but a positive. You're almost addicted to helping people! I wish there were more people floating about like that.

I'm not trying to patronise, I just think it's cool you like helping that much. If it's coming to the point where you're living vicariously through other peoples' problems, it might be time to take a sit back and take some time for yourself. I watched your videos from Daveywavey and I'd have to go with his advice - just learn to love yourself and be happy in your own skin, people will always need you to talk to.

peace

Ya now I'm a little better. I know, I've been taking time for myself for the last couple of months. And thanks, dude. Really. :}

lol I find it cute, It's just shows you have a big heart and want to help others through there problems.
although make sure you dont go across the line and start pestering people to tell you there problems Big Grin but as of the minute, from what I'v seen on the site, you just seem likes a passionate, careing women =]

Ah, thank you. So very much!!! And yeah, I know I shouldn't do that and I think so far I succeed in not doing it. :]] BUt once a girl wrote me on skype and we'd barely talked before although we like knew each other and she said "I know so many people come to you for advice so can I talk to you about this thing? I dont wanna overwhelm you or something you know" Big Grin

It shows, that you are really thinking about problems of others. Its a good way. You must try to get a shield... thinking about... answer.. and Ok. For me it is very important that I can say : It is my honest opinion, I have said, written ..whatever what I can and whats my opinion.. What I have to say is not only a nice story the other wants to hear, its maybe a possibly problematic opinion. If you can say this about your help, then you have done what you can and you can close this case. And so I do it here.. and with my friends.
For me its here much more problematic that I mostly get no response .. what happens etc. And that I can´t hug someone if I want to do it....

The thing is, I sorta like getting so much into the problem.

Fen, you can hug someone if you want to. Like right now, I want to hug you, and here goes:

Bighug

Yes .. I see your problem.... try to think about a problem only if you "work" on like writing, talking... than try to close it. If you can´t, hear music.. play a game or something... its a thing of learning by doing ... and if you can´t, look for someone to talk to.
Knuddel

I see how that can become a problem. Issues seem to gravitate towards good listeners... or good problem solvers. My mom comes to mind. That's one thing about myself that I have been wanting to work on. I want to be more... sensitive, basically! People don't tend to come to me with their problems. I think it's because I don't necessarily go to them with my problems (of which there aren't many, maybe that's why).

At least you are aware that you have this problem. It might take some time, but you can separate yourself from the stress that shouldn't involve you. Make it a priority!

SrChulo Wrote:I see how that can become a problem. Issues seem to gravitate towards good listeners... or good problem solvers. My mom comes to mind. That's one thing about myself that I have been wanting to work on. I want to be more... sensitive, basically! People don't tend to come to me with their problems. I think it's because I don't necessarily go to them with my problems (of which there aren't many, maybe that's why).

At least you are aware that you have this problem. It might take some time, but you can separate yourself from the stress that shouldn't involve you. Make it a priority!

Mhm. :]

But the fact that you don't share your problems with your mates doesn't necessarily mean that this is why they don't come to you with theirs. They just haven't tried. Once they try and see what a good friend you are....The secret is not to give personal examples though. That'd be like "you have a problem, but listen I had the same thing and look what happended". lol :]