Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you get too much into the story
just as an afterthought, I think it shows how many people out there REALLY need someone to talk to and find it hard to ask the people they're close to. People talk negatively about internet anonymity but if it allows people to unburden themselves and find help with a sympathetic ear, it's a good thing. The difference between this and actual physcial and emotional closeness is debatable.

Also, people are selfish! (I am) and love talking about themselves Smile if you invite this kind of behaviour subconsciously people will naturally unburden on you in time.

Sil Wrote:just as an afterthought, I think it shows how many people out there REALLY need someone to talk to and find it hard to ask the people they're close to. People talk negatively about internet anonymity but if it allows people to unburden themselves and find help with a sympathetic ear, it's a good thing. The difference between this and actual physcial and emotional closeness is debatable.

Also, people are selfish! (I am) and love talking about themselves Smile if you invite this kind of behaviour subconsciously people will naturally unburden on you in time.

You are right... and "selfish" and "embarrassement" are the problems. So many people are alone or can´t speak with their familys about their Problems ... and so often the solutions are so easy. Mostly it is enough if somebody is there and listen .. or the write their Problems only down.. and while they are writing they see the solution.
Anonymity ... seems for me more a Problem then a help... you only must look around here... some people post anonymous... it´s ok .. but they are not reachable. If we know who it is .. we can ask again.. what happens ... why .. whatever... but if somebody decided to post anonymous .. there is no way. To have a problem isn´t a Problem .. the problem is to have nobody to talk to.

Well, yeah, anonimity is a great deal, I mean...Fen is right that it'd be a thousand time s better to be able to cantact the person again and trace what happens in his life.

People want the person that is listening to them to give them their full attention, ask them about details, show some kind of affection...they want to feel that someone is interested in them fully. But then it's not always easy to be that kind of a listener without hurting your own pride. Tough stuff.