Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Did You Get Your Avatar From?
I created my avatar.

First, laid out a black tee shirt on my bed because my bed is close to the floor. Then I got my straw fedora and turned off the overhead light and turned on all the table lamps (there is one lamp in every corner of the room, 4 lamps total). Then placed the hat on top of the black tee shirt, face down, and shot the hat (using my Cannon SLR camera) from an angle so the hat would look tilted.

Then I removed the hat and placed my 8 silver balls (which are about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter) on the shirt and photographed them from directly above.

Then I uploaded the pictures to my computer and selected the black tee shirt and made the shirt completely black with my software (Microsoft Digital Image Suite). I did this to both pictures. Then I created a new project and turned the black areas of the photos into completely transparent backgrounds. And placed both objects (the hat and the balls) on the new project surface and made the background black again.

I had to distort the perspective of the hat, just a little, so it would look like it was moving just like the balls were moving because it was not tilted enough. Then when I was done I corrected the color balance of both objects separately. And saved the project as a jpeg file.

Next, I opened the project in another software program called "Photo Impact Pro" and when I did I added lens flare effects and lighting effects so that the hat was not as bright as the balls. Then I added the text and then from there I scaled down the image to a more manageable size (about 1000 x 1000 pixels) and uploaded the image to GaySpeak.com.

Hope you enjoy my mysterious avatar.

i always loved that avatar btw whats a straw fedora

it's just another word for hat.

ooh im so dumb:redface:

You're not dumb. You just didn't know.

Mine's a picture of James Dean. I got it from google.

Just a pic of me standing in my mother kitchen...taken some time around Christmas i think.

OrphanPip Wrote:Mine's a picture of James Dean. I got it from google.
Oh, Pip, I thought it was you Wink

Mine is me, looking at an exhibit at a community art exhibition in Neuchâtel. The theme of the project was water. I was standing next to a blue papier maché globe which had broken bits of mirror stuck on. PA and I thought it was probably easier to explain this than the nearby installation constructed from transparent tubes filled with piss.

Mine's just a random pic I found on the net. My own mugshot is hidden in my photo album :biggrin:

Made mine, not as good as my sheep. Though I'v lost that image.
I didn't intent to keep my current one for long, although laziness got the better of me.