Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Do You Meet Other Teens
Really? Where did you used to live before then? And ah, I've only experienced American high school for one year but I hated it. All those cliques and stuff... I thought that was only on TV! I had trouble finding a group to fit in with. I sympathize with you. And I've been in that boat before, it's really tough having lots of friends then moving and having none. Sad

Does that mean that your country wasn't very gay-friendly? I guess in the long run it'll be worth it but thinking about living alone in a foreign country, finding the money to pay for your trip and get yourself on your feet up there... it'd just be too much of a hassle. But it looks as if you did it so it can't be all that bad, I'm being too pessimistic and lazy. lol

I come from somewhere in South East Asia. People in my home country have really strong stereotype about homosexual but they don't give homosexual hatred like in the US. ( probably because Buddhism dominates instead of Christianity ). But people constantly makes fun of gay people and seem homosexual is a kind of disorder which makes guy act girly and cross dressing. Even my parents who both have master degree in engineering think that homosexual is a kind of disease. It happens long time ago but I remember one time, my mom opened a domestic TV show and saw two guys cross-dressing with heavy make up, she joked with me that "oh poor them, they probably did something bad in their past life so now they are cursed by their karma. You should stay away from that kind of people otherwise that disease may get into you". At that time, I did not know that I was Bi so I did not say anything, but now thinking about it hurts me a lot.

I am working hard to pay for my living expense here and the scholarship helps me to pay for school. My parents help me out a little bit. It was hard but I I have been much more mature since living by myself. Also, sometimes, it 's a kind of pleasure for me to live in a place where no one knows who you are. I am a loner after all, even when I had a lot of friends at home, I still felt myself out of the place.

My family have made comments like that and it just got my hopes down. If they reacted that way to gays on TV imagine how'd they act if I came out, you know? I'm sorry to hear you went through the same thing. Are you in contact with them? Without moping about what happened between my mother and me, try not to let your relationship with them dissolve.

Lots of friends and no one you can properly relate to? =\
We're so eerily similar, it's kind of creepy! lol

conechvn Wrote:...You should stay away from that kind of people otherwise that disease may get into you". At that time, I did not know that I was Bi so I did not say anything, but now thinking about it hurts me a lot.

I am working hard to pay for my living expense here and the scholarship helps me to pay for school. My parents help me out a little bit. It was hard but I I have been much more mature since living by myself. Also, sometimes, it 's a kind of pleasure for me to live in a place where no one knows who you are. I am a loner after all, even when I had a lot of friends at home, I still felt myself out of the place.
People say things that they haven't really thought through, Conechvn, and they don't realise that they are hurtful when they say them. I have heard my father and mother say such things, not about homosexuality being abnormal, but how they'd rather not have homosexual children. As it turns out there were two gays in the family. Lol. I think now they have realised that there is nothing wrong... just that instead of a daughter in law, they have an extra son in law... Invasion

Yup, just like someone said earlier in this forum, "gay is an accident until it happens to you."