Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where being gay is legal and gay marriage is allowed!
[Image: 4310.jpeg]

Gabon is the most recent country to decriminalise homosexuality – passing the law in June last year,

Costa Rica is the most recent country to have legalised same-sex marriage – in May this this year –  and it is the only nation in Central America to have done so.

[Image: 3594.jpeg]

Gay marriage has been legal in Costa Rica since May 26, 2020 as the result of a ruling by the Supreme Court of Justice.

In Western Europe two countries – Italy and Switzerland – still don’t allow gay marriage, while no countries allow it in Central and Eastern Europe.

In Africa, South Africa remains the only country to have legalised same-sex marriage.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • eastofeden

Still so much work to do.
[-] The following 2 members Like marshlander's post:
  • andy, eastofeden

I think Japan and maybe even China will legalize it sooner than later - also maybe Vietnam and Cambodia. In SA - Peru and Chile. I expected Switzerland to do so long ago and Italy? - The Vatican would frown on it.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • andy

can't wait to see more of these places flip and allow gay marriage
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • andy

Since it has happened what do you think have been the most noticeable effects in the US?
I bid NO Trump!

(07-02-2020, 08:37 PM)eastofeden Wrote: ... I expected Switzerland to do so long ago and Italy? - The Vatican would frown on it.

Switzerland is a strange one. They hold referenda on everything and I think the president changes every couple of years. Every time I pass through en route to PA's place in France there are posters up for a referendum or an election. I wonder if even the Swiss can name their own sitting president! Many Swiss people tend to be quite conservative as well. Certainly many are very vocally against les frontaliers, the workers coming over the border every day to work in Switzerland and as for trying to buy property there ... don't even bother. Conversely Swiss people have bought up a lot of housing in France and hop over the border to do their grocery shopping which is much cheaper in France. Swiss registered vehicles park in the spaces allotted to residents at PA's apartment block.

You probably know that every adult male in Switzerland is theoretically at least in the Swiss army. That the Swiss army also provides the military guard for the Vatican may explain something.

A few years ago PA's dance group was performing in the ballroom of a hotel in the Swiss mountains. The large room adjacent was completely empty and with no lights other than the fading daylight PA and I took the opportunity to waltz round the floor to the Strauss or Offenbach being played by the orchestra next door. A Swiss woman passed through and felt the need to point out to us how "unseemly" it was for two men to dance together.

(07-03-2020, 04:33 AM)LJay Wrote: Since it has happened what do you think have been the most noticeable effects in the US?
That it hasn't actually been destroyed by floods, earthquakes or thunderbolts from heaven?
[-] The following 1 member Likes marshlander's post:
  • andy

(07-03-2020, 12:00 PM)marshlander Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 08:37 PM)eastofeden Wrote: ... I expected Switzerland to do so long ago and Italy? - The Vatican would frown on it.

Switzerland is a strange one. They hold referenda on everything and I think the president changes every couple of years. Every time I pass through en route to PA's place in France there are posters up for a referendum or an election. I wonder if even the Swiss can name their own sitting president! Many Swiss people tend to be quite conservative as well. Certainly many are very vocally against les frontaliers, the workers coming over the border every day to work in Switzerland and as for trying to buy property there ... don't even bother. Conversely Swiss people have bought up a lot of housing in France and hop over the border to do their grocery shopping which is much cheaper in France. Swiss registered vehicles park in the spaces allotted to residents at PA's apartment block.

You probably know that every adult male in Switzerland is theoretically at least in the Swiss army. That the Swiss army also provides the military guard for the Vatican may explain something.

A few years ago PA's dance group was performing in the ballroom of a hotel in the Swiss mountains. The large room adjacent was completely empty and with no lights other than the fading daylight PA and I took the opportunity to waltz round the floor to the Strauss or Offenbach being played by the orchestra next door. A Swiss woman passed through and felt the need to point out to us how "unseemly" it was for two men to dance together.

(07-03-2020, 04:33 AM)LJay Wrote: Since it has happened what do you think have been the most noticeable effects in the US?
That it hasn't actually been destroyed by floods, earthquakes or thunderbolts from heaven?