Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I meet other lgbt people?
This website is wonderful, so I was wondering if there is any other type of social network or something like it. I have all straight friends and although they try to understand what I'm going through, they will never completely get it. I really want more lgbt friends, but I have no idea where to look. I'm going to college in about a month and a half where I'm sure I'm going to find lgbt people, but I wish I could meet some now. Any help would be great!

What does lgbt mean?

It's hard to say.

You may find some now, but you may not like them/they may not like you.

Like people in general, some click, some don't.

I think the best things in life are worth waiting for.

Also, alot of kids our age don't have friends and are rejects and outcasts for various reasons, and I think we should be grateful for the friends we do have, no offense to you. I understand your point of view.

Though I myself didn't have many friends until my last 2 years of highschool, so I know what it's like to be an outcast and have learned to appreciate the friends that I do have.

I would say just be yourself and be social. You will meet people who you might like or they might meet you.

They say it's harder to find something your looking for, when your looking for something hard to find. :biggrin:

sunshowers Wrote:What does lgbt mean?

Lesbian/ Gay/ Bisexual & Transgendered [LGBT] .

There's also LGBTQ - Q - Questioning/Curious .

Oh, now I get it :3 thank you

sunshowers Wrote:Oh, now I get it :3 thank you

You're Welcome :biggrin: .

Took me a while too. I was like Disoriented ? lol

Indeed it's kind of confusing Smile)

Your college LGBT group, if they have one, might have a facebook group.

Thank you to all of you! I really am grateful for my straight friends; it's just that it gets lonely sometimes. But I never take them for granted.

See if there's an LGBT center where you are. Or, you can try OkCupid/Adam4Adam, or a variety of other dating/meetup sites.