Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did Samus go?
It has been almost 6 years since the last installment of a Metroid game. I keep hearing about Metroid Prime: Federation Force, but if it plays out anything like the last NDS Metroid game, I won't claim it among the franchise.

Honestly, though, what happened to Metroid and the story? I don't even hear talk about it anymore. It was such a great series in my opinion. I feel like they just abandoned it.

The next game in the series will be on the NX. It is all but announced at this point. Nintendo doesn't believe the Wii U can handle what they would want from the next Metroid game.

I thought they announced that the next one is going to be on the 3DS? I guess I might be wrong. Do you think that their NX system is going to be anything new as far as Nintendo is concerned? I mean, I haven't really seen much promise with them in the last 5 years.

The next one is on the 3DS. Federation Force. However this has nothing to do with Samus. It's more about the missions the soldiers would go on while she was away. Honestly the concept isn't terrible, it just received horrible reception since it wasn't about Samus. People were outraged, and a petition was started to cancel the game. It got a lot of signatures, but the petition means nothing. This game will be made fun of and forgotten only to be brought up like the again like the CDi Zelda games.

If anything this game is like the four swords of Metroid without Samus and the people look nothing like how you'd assume they would with what the fanbase is used to seeing from Prime and other games in the franchise. They basically made a game and gave it a tiny splash of Metroid paint so they could throw the Metroid name on it hoping it would be enough for fans to eat it up.

Nintendo has been in a little slump and have lately been trying to make quick cash grabs as the have to wait for the release of the NX and Zelda U. This is one of those cash grabs, and it will fail horribly.

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. It's the perfect reply. I think the only thing I can say is that I fear for Nintendo's future.