Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did Southern Hospitality go?
I live in Arkansas and I am not noticing any southern hospitality. And if Arkansas isn't southern, nothing is. So where did it go?

I used to live in East Texas. A lot of Southern hospitality there. I liked that, even though there were things I did not like about the South, overall. I'm a Yankee at heart!

Maybe they know you're gay.

Southern hospitality pretty much died out in the late 1980's when all these nasty, vile, corrupt, and putrid companies started moving their corporate headquarters down here and bringing all their diseased, hatefilled, contemptible employees with them from the northern states, and then California.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

You used to could walk around downtown, and drivers would actually stop for you, strangers would say "hi" to you in passing, people would open a door for you, people would step aside and let you pass, people would ask a stranger for the time and get a happy response.

Since all the dregs of human existence moved down here with all those vile, Satanic companies....its all death, destruction, and "me! me! ME!". They have polluted and drowned pretty much any and all of southern hospitality.

There is a bit left, but its usually in small, tiny, rural areas.

dryw Wrote:Coming from the other side of the pond you'll have to educate me, how would you describe "southern hospitality"

Your date says 'Thank you' after you've finished rogering him.Cooldevil

dryw Wrote:Coming from the other side of the pond you'll have to educate me, how would you describe "southern hospitality"

Southern Hospitality -

*Saying "Hi" to a perfect stranger....someone who looks down or depressed maybe.
*Stopping to see if someone with a flat tire or stalled car needs assistance.
*Opening the door for someone else before you step through.
*Actually entering through the doors marked "ENTER" and exit through the doors marked "EXIT".
*Letting pedestrians cross the street, rather than attempting to run them down.
*Stopping and asking someone for the time, and then talking to them for 10 minutes about absolutely nothing.
*Buying a jug of water, a bag of apples, and a sandwich for the poor old man, dressed in rags, sitting on the corner.
*Standing in line for a coffee and donut and hearing the person in front of you tell the cashier "Im ten cents short", and you take 10 cents out of your pocket and hand it to the cashier.
*Saying "Thank you" to the person who gave extra change to the cashier or opened a door for you, or let you get across the street without being run down.
*Buying a bunch of balloons and going to a childrens home and pass them out.
*Buying a bunch of carnations and going to an old folks home and pass them out.
*Checking on your neighbor, when you havent seen them for a day or two, especially if they are elderly or disabled.
*Letting animals get across the street without running them over.
*Running after a ball in the street, so a little kid doesnt have too.

Basically just doing something nice for someone else, just because....

I think you get the idea now.

Since the invasion of the yankees, its all the exact opposite now.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Southern Hospitality -

*Saying "Hi" to a perfect stranger....someone who looks down or depressed maybe.
*Stopping to see if someone with a flat tire or stalled car needs assistance.
*Opening the door for someone else before you step through.
*Actually entering through the doors marked "ENTER" and exit through the doors marked "EXIT".
*Letting pedestrians cross the street, rather than attempting to run them down.
*Stopping and asking someone for the time, and then talking to them for 10 minutes about absolutely nothing.
*Buying a jug of water, a bag of apples, and a sandwich for the poor old man, dressed in rags, sitting on the corner.
*Standing in line for a coffee and donut and hearing the person in front of you tell the cashier "Im ten cents short", and you take 10 cents out of your pocket and hand it to the cashier.
*Saying "Thank you" to the person who gave extra change to the cashier or opened a door for you, or let you get across the street without being run down.
*Buying a bunch of balloons and going to a childrens home and pass them out.
*Buying a bunch of carnations and going to an old folks home and pass them out.
*Checking on your neighbor, when you havent seen them for a day or two, especially if they are elderly or disabled.
*Letting animals get across the street without running them over.
*Running after a ball in the street, so a little kid doesnt have too.

I think you get the idea now.

Since the invasion of the yankees, its all the exact opposite now.

I'm a friendly Yankee... I swear I am

mbennet35 Wrote:I'm a friendly Yankee... I swear I am

You arent a Yankee, youre a Northerner.

Yankees are evil and despicable.
Northerners are kind and generous.

1luvu

Bighug

Big Grin

[Image: sacramento_shp_final_category.jpg]