Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did Southern Hospitality go?
dryw Wrote:All sounds very British to me Smile

Ooooooooooooo, a SCOTSMAN!!!!
Flirty-wink-smiley HI! How you doing?

Maybe British over there, but its Southern over here.
Fuzz

[Image: southern.jpg]

I notice some on my college campus, but southern hospitality doesn't seem to be big in Clarksville, or maybe I just haven't noticed

Colleges and college towns are usually not know for friendliness. Drunkenness and parties, yes....friendliness, no.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Southern hospitality pretty much died out in the late 1980's when all these nasty, vile, corrupt, and putrid companies started moving their corporate headquarters down here and bringing all their diseased, hatefilled, contemptible employees with them from the northern states, and then California.
Since all the dregs of human existence moved down here with all those vile, Satanic companies....its all death, destruction, and "me! me! ME!". They have polluted and drowned pretty much any and all of southern hospitality..

I beg your pardon? So us Northerners bring to the south: Industry, commerce, development, and technology, and that is suppose to make us "vile" & "Satanic" - hogwash, simply hogwash.
Tinkles, it is time for you to step out of mambi candy land and realize us Yankees here mean business! I am a Northerner, and I will build bridges, power plants, factories,erect skyscrapers that tower into the heavens, forge alliances, raise the rags to riches, capitalize on the unexplored, forge an empire. We come to the south to build that empire on southern steel - with a Northern iron fist!

Chase Wrote:I beg your pardon? So us Northerners bring to the south: Industry, commerce, development, and technology, and that is suppose to make us "vile" & "Satanic" - hogwash, simply hogwash.
Tinkles, it is time for you to step out of mambi candy land and realize us Yankees here mean business! I am a Northerner, and I will build bridges, power plants, factories,erect skyscrapers that tower into the heavens, forge alliances, raise the rags to riches, capitalize on the unexplored, forge an empire. We come to the south to build that empire on southern steel - with a Northern iron fist!

Loves me some Northerners.
Hates me some Yankees.

The problem isnt that they moved down here, the problem is they did NOT integrate down here.

Instead of doing things the Southern way and learning OUR culture, they MOWED us down with their hateful, nasty, yankeefied ways. Speeding through red lights, being hateful, rude, mean, and offensive. Lying every time they open their mouths, stealing everything thats not "nailed down", littering, treating people like garbage.......etc....

Yeah, we had that here before yankees infested us, but it wasnt commonplace. People who did that were frowned upon, reported to authorities (when they actually used to DO their jobs), and treated like outcasts, because they broke the harmony that was Southern Hospitality.

NO this wasnt perfect, but as a Southerner, it was YOUR place to work on it and to make sure you showed others how to act as decent human beings to one another.

The yankees came down here with their lies, deceit, vulgarity, hate, violence, lethargy, apathy, and ignorance, and just pretty much annihilated everything good here. And it happened FAST.

I remember it was about 1988 when all these huge yankee businesses and corporations moved down here and brought their infestations with them. By 1990 (ONLY two years), they had pretty much killed everything off that was good and decent in people here.

And just like they have done to other places, the disease spreads.

So if you come to the South and hear someone say "I hate Yankees", now you will understand some of the reasons behind that.

If someone came out of nowhere, demolished your house with all your things in it, then gave you a shack to live in............you'd feel that way about whoever did that to you.

Northerners are different. They are Southerners who happened to be born up North.
LOL
But really, thats the way it was explained to me when I was younger.

Its one of those things where it really doesnt make sense to anyone unless you lived through it.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Loves me some Northerners.
Hates me some Yankees.

The problem isnt that they moved down here, the problem is they did NOT integrate down here.

Instead of doing things the Southern way and learning OUR culture, they MOWED us down with their hateful, nasty, yankeefied ways. Speeding through red lights, being hateful, rude, mean, and offensive. Lying every time they open their mouths, stealing everything thats not "nailed down", littering, treating people like garbage.......etc....

Yeah, we had that here before yankees infested us, but it wasnt commonplace. People who did that were frowned upon, reported to authorities (when they actually used to DO their jobs), and treated like outcasts, because they broke the harmony that was Southern Hospitality.

NO this wasnt perfect, but as a Southerner, it was YOUR place to work on it and to make sure you showed others how to act as decent human beings to one another.

The yankees came down here with their lies, deceit, vulgarity, hate, violence, lethargy, apathy, and ignorance, and just pretty much annihilated everything good here. And it happened FAST.

I remember it was about 1988 when all these huge yankee businesses and corporations moved down here and brought their infestations with them. By 1990 (ONLY two years), they had pretty much killed everything off that was good and decent in people here.

And just like they have done to other places, the disease spreads.

So if you come to the South and hear someone say "I hate Yankees", now you will understand some of the reasons behind that.

If someone came out of nowhere, demolished your house with all your things in it, then gave you a shack to live in............you'd feel that way about whoever did that to you.

Northerners are different. They are Southerners who happened to be born up North.
LOL
But really, thats the way it was explained to me when I was younger.

Its one of those things where it really doesnt make sense to anyone unless you lived through it.

I am integrating Smile

MisterTinkles Wrote:Southern Hospitality -

*Saying "Hi" to a perfect stranger....someone who looks down or depressed maybe.
*Stopping to see if someone with a flat tire or stalled car needs assistance.
*Opening the door for someone else before you step through.
*Actually entering through the doors marked "ENTER" and exit through the doors marked "EXIT".
*Letting pedestrians cross the street, rather than attempting to run them down.
*Stopping and asking someone for the time, and then talking to them for 10 minutes about absolutely nothing.
*Buying a jug of water, a bag of apples, and a sandwich for the poor old man, dressed in rags, sitting on the corner.
*Standing in line for a coffee and donut and hearing the person in front of you tell the cashier "Im ten cents short", and you take 10 cents out of your pocket and hand it to the cashier.
*Saying "Thank you" to the person who gave extra change to the cashier or opened a door for you, or let you get across the street without being run down.
*Buying a bunch of balloons and going to a childrens home and pass them out.
*Buying a bunch of carnations and going to an old folks home and pass them out.
*Checking on your neighbor, when you havent seen them for a day or two, especially if they are elderly or disabled.
*Letting animals get across the street without running them over.
*Running after a ball in the street, so a little kid doesnt have too.

Basically just doing something nice for someone else, just because....

I think you get the idea now.

Since the invasion of the yankees, its all the exact opposite now.

Sounds like a Canadian Big Grin

You Easterners are amusing with all this crap. I've never had a single issue moving all over the damn place on the West side. I don't quite fit the culture where I live now, but nobody really gives a damn. We're all just people.

VileKyle Wrote:You Easterners are amusing with all this crap. I've never had a single issue moving all over the damn place on the West side. I don't quite fit the culture where I live now, but nobody really gives a damn. We're all just people.

Honestly I could care less where someone is from. North. South. East. West. As long as you treat me with respect I will treat you with it Smile