Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So confused...
So here is my dilemma. I am bi-curious I suppose and I have never been with a guy and I have no idea where to meet one. I feel like this is something I need to try but I cant find a way to do it.

I am not interested in the club/bar scene. I would love to meet a guy who isn't overly masculine, who doesn't act "gay", who doesn't let his sexual preference define who he is and how he acts... just a regular guy (who happens to like guys).

Everything I have read online about where to meet other men is usually go to a gay club/bar or go to some sort of gay social gathering or interest group or try online dating sites... none of these have worked for me. Can anyone give me any other suggestions? Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I *was* in the same boat as you.

My recommendation is the internet (registering here at GaySpeak is a good first step, you're totally anonymous but you can still receive a lot of different ideas).

I'd also suggest a dating website. Just start with a basic profile. No pix or specific info. Just something that gets you a membership so you can browse the other ads and see who's out there and what they are looking for. A lot of those sites offer chat rooms, as does this one.

Over time, you might become more comfortable posting more info about yourself, maybe a pic or two. Eventually, when you can't stand it any longer you'll make your choice and either reach out to connect with someone OR you'll let yourself be contacted by someone who's interested in you (if you provide enough honest info).

I think this is the most conservative and "low impact" method.

When I was in your shoes, I cruised Craigslist for a FULL YEAR, just looking at the ads. And get this! When I finally built the courage to respond to an ad, I received NO RESPONSE BACK!

Can you imagine how that felt? Over a year of anticipation and anxiety and then NOTHING! What's more, I think I responded to two or three other ads before one guy (my first) actually wrote me back.

We hooked up, it was pretty awful, kinda risky, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but you know what? I had to do it that way. If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would probably do what I suggested to you in the first part of this post.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Smile

Welcome to gayspeak fist off:
There are a few members from Colorado here.

sri Wrote:... I would love to meet a guy who isn't overly masculine, who doesn't act "gay", who doesn't let his sexual preference define who he is and how he acts... just a regular guy (who happens to like guys) ...
Dont narrow your search. Concentrate on the basics if you hook up; 4example is he single, not in a straight marriage, does he take care of him self (get tested, safe sex), sorta look like you, have the same value systems. You can learn a lot about friendships acceptance from a totally camp person. How straight acting is the average guy; how many of us sit at our daily jobs, go home and surf, tv and how many of us could install a ECU in a car, put up drywall or pour a driveway?

sri Wrote:I am bi-curious I suppose and I have never been with a guy and I have no idea where to meet one.
Avoid craigslist, its kinda burnt out with all the bad. Try grinder, there was a recent post somewhere here? okcupid is more relationship but would work. outboard.org is the old connexion.com, a local gay forum like gayspeak. There are always a lot of gay hook up sites, and that is what you would be doing. Volunteer for the front desk at the LGBT Center on Colfax & Lafayette. The local gay news is outfrontcolorado.com.
Meet for coffee first in a public place.

sri Wrote:... I am bi-curious ...
-Relationships are mostly the same gay or straight.
-Be honest share what your expectations are up front.
-You might get asked about your status, get tested. Free clinic at Denver General hospital 6th av & Bannock street (denverstdclinic.org). They are good at listening and giving information on various diseases and incubation times. Find a partner that is open about this, even better if he asks you directly.
-take your time