Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where in the world have you been?
Yeah, I figure it might be cool to talk about some vacationing stories. Where have you been and what did you do?

England - live there
Scotland - family
Wales - holiday camp
France - School hol
Germany - School hol
Tenerife - Uni trip... studying dolphin and whale behaviours
Jersey - Uni trip - workin at the zoo
Australia (twice) - visitin family out there
Malaysia (Sarawak) - Wildlife package holiday - beautiful place and went on some excellent trips out there

(Okay, I need a break from studying)
Well i have been to each end of Canada, Vancouver to Halifax. I have been to most of the states that border Canada too.

I have been to Europe twice. The first time was in 2006, and I went to Greece on an intersession with my university. That was a really fun trip, except I had the most annoying roommate in the world. He would follow me everywhere. Eventually when we were in a town called Nauplion, my friends and I managed to ditch him. He was waiting in the lobby of the hotel for me to leave, so my friends, who were all girls, told him that they were having a girls night, meanwhile I snuck out a window into an alley behind the hotel. My friends ran around and we were free from my horrifically annoying roommate.
It was also the first time I got drunk, which was loads of fun. Now I have a reputation for being a bit of a lush (oh dear) :o

I went back to Greece this summer and I was in the northern part. I was basically in the city of Thessaloniki. I was there for a program for Greek history, culture and language. It was very exhausting. But I had a lot of fun and met many people from around the world.

Phew, I'm done travelling for a little while.

Greek Mythology ROCKS - I LOVE it !!

I've been to England (which is where I was born), to France (although all my French was picked up at school), to the USA (Sarasota, Florida), to Italy (Rome, for a work conference), to Wales to visit my boyfriend a few times, and to the other Channel Islands (Guernsey, Sark, Herm et al.)

I HATE travelling with a passion - I'm afraid of flying, and not a fan of boats ...

Ho-hum !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Greek Mythology ROCKS - I LOVE it !!

Its what I study! I'm doing my MA in Classical Studies, with a strong focus in Greek literature, religion, and myth. Particularly I study the god Dionysos. This is why I have been to Greece twice in the last couple years, so that I could see the archeological sites.

I'm from the US, we don't get vacations Wink
It's just work, work, work!

XRIMO,

HOW COOL IS THAT !?!?! Dionysus was (no kidding) my favourite deity when I first started learning about the Greek Gods. Being the Greek God of wine had some kind of weird mystique to me as a boy ... and then when I found out he was the God of Parties AND Orgasms it was pretty much a well-cemented friendship Confusedmile:.

Portugal_the_man,

That SUCKS dude - my offices deals with tonnes of countries including the US, and I can say that in my experience, you guys do get a really naff deal when it comes to your annual leave - however you DO get tonnes of public holidays - many moreso than we get over here in the UK ... but even with that in mind, I think it's easier for us, as we get to pick whenever's convenient for us to have the time off, whereas your days are handed to you ... which, as I say, sucks :frown:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I have been in New-Brunswick, Prince Edward Island. In 2006, I've been in Paris, Versailles and Alsace visiting my french friends. And this summer, I've been in Bordeaux & Lot, France. For vacation only.Confusedmile:

The next year, I don't know. I will see well.

Been to several states around here, mexico, and spent 3 weeks traveling around china, which I plan to return in 3 years.

In 2004,I went to Sao Paulo Smile but my family came with Sad The most fun I had was in Kingston,Jamaica.The least,Blantyre,Malawi.The most annoying has to be Phoenix,USA(I'm NEVER going to the States again!) This Summer,I'm staying right here in the most beautiful coastal city,Cape Town.I really want to go to Japan!Anyone been already?