Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the line between chubby or fat?
You may be finding it hard to shift weight because of a low motabolism... Some people have fast some have slow but those who have slow need to work extra hard to burn it.... Monitor the Calorie intake on the foods you eat and id say eat no more than 1,500 cals a day when the recommended for men is 2000 cals... When you are at the gym make sure that you have the tread mil on the calorie counter so you know how hard it is just to burn off a mars bar... I think when i joined a gym i had to run on speed 11.4 for 15 minutes which is sprininting non stop justy to burn off a mars bar.... On a monday lets say take a weight record and know what your ideal goal to get to....

Kindest regards

zeon x

would it have been easier to just not have eaten that mars bar than bond with the tread mill

didnt seem like the op was on any type of diet, unless donuts and fast food are allowed.

read my first post too and it really just dosnt seem this person is on a diet.

not an issue of being supportive. eating donuts and fast food and declaring its difficult to loose weight is difficult for me to fathom.

I am at 185 lbs and want to lose another 30, so down 10 and still going
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Inchante Wrote:How do you know that he is eating donuts and fast food? He didn't say that at all.

Actually, he did, I believe it's the last post of the first page.

Anonymous Wrote:Well i do not have trouble getting out of the bed. I am not eating that bad, maby fast food twice a month. I might eat 1 candy bar or tops 2 a week or some icecream but that is mostly all. I am neither eating enourmous portion at all, yesterday did i eat 1 sandwish, 1 dounut, 1 health shake, 2 eggs and a half apple totally, and some fussy water (Not soda). I have excersices some this summer, bicycled alot, 1 hour walks in the woods, some gym pases (4 totally, started 2-3 weeks ago) and im still around same amount, i really got hard to drop weigh and i do not understand why...

His meals for the day he posted consisted of a sandwich (we don't know how big/thick it was or what was on it) a donut, a health shake, two eggs and half an apple. When one is on a diet, one usually avoids bread and donuts.

He also says he eats fast food twice a month....but we don't know what the meal is. Is it "super sized", is it a salad or a huge burger or fried chicken? He also says he eats 1 or 2 candy bars a week.

This is not the behavior of someone who is trying to lose weight.

As for his exercise, he walked in the park.....was it a long, power walk, or a stroll where he didn't work up a sweat. He has been at the gym 4 times in three weeks, so an average of once a week.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

At my heaviest, I was around 280lbs (I'm 5'6" tall) so I was obese. I am currently around 177lbs and am weight training to gain muscle.

Loosing weight starts in your head . . . you have to want to loose this weight at whatever cost. It's not easy, but can be done.

It's about 80% diet and 20% exercise . . . . the more you exercise, the more you're allowed to eat. I lost my weight using a website called LiveStrong.com The site figures out about how many calories you need to consume a day, helps you track calories in and calories burned to help you loose weight (up to 2lbs a week).

I'll figure out how to post before / after pics.

pellaz Wrote:read my first post too and it really just dosnt seem this person is on a diet.

not an issue of being supportive. eating donuts and fast food and declaring its difficult to loose weight is difficult for me to fathom.

Sorry, I did not see his second post. I only saw his first and thought you were assuming what his diet was.

Though he does consume some junk food, it does not seem (from what he tells us) that it is all that frequent, at least not frequent enough to maintain a weight of 270+lbs.

If what he says his diet is is true, he must have a very slow metabolism. I know people who eat ten times worse than he does and are as skinny as a rail.

IF HE DOES HAVE A SLOW METABOLISM, THE WORST THING HE COULD DO WOULD BE TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT HE IS EATING, WHICH ONLY SLOWS THE METABOLISM MORE.

He needs to speak with a dietitian and perhaps have his thyroid checked (full blood analysis).

CellarDweller Wrote:Actually, he did, I believe it's the last post of the first page.

Thank you, I did not see that.

lol if you want a blunt and shallow answer i'll give it to ya. the line is right on top of your groin and under your stomach. if that area folds while your standing up straight- your fat. if it doesnt and your stomach is just bulging, your chubby. there- a shallow and quite accurate answer.

I don't have much to add but may i say this thread makes me feel really fat.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so