Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the line between chubby or fat?
Inchante Wrote:Though he does consume some junk food, it does not seem (from what he tells us) that it is all that frequent, at least not frequent enough to maintain a weight of 270+lbs.

If what he says his diet is is true, he must have a very slow metabolism. I know people who eat ten times worse than he does and are as skinny as a rail.

IF HE DOES HAVE A SLOW METABOLISM, THE WORST THING HE COULD DO WOULD BE TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT HE IS EATING, WHICH ONLY SLOWS THE METABOLISM MORE.

He needs to speak with a dietitian and perhaps have his thyroid checked (full blood analysis).

CellarDweller Wrote:His meals for the day he posted consisted of a sandwich (we don't know how big/thick it was or what was on it) a donut, a health shake, two eggs and half an apple. When one is on a diet, one usually avoids bread and donuts.

He also says he eats fast food twice a month....but we
don't know what the meal is. Is it "super sized", is it a salad or a huge burger or fried chicken? He also says he eats 1 or 2 candy bars a week.

This is not the behavior of someone who is trying to lose weight.

As for his exercise, he walked in the park.....was it a long, power walk, or a stroll where he didn't work up a sweat. He has been at the gym 4 times in three weeks, so an average of once a week.

I am not in a diet right now BUT i have been on it before, unless a diet counts if you are eating regular food with smaller portion and avoids Candies, Sweets and all kinds of Unnecessarities, treats.

Well what does a 3/4 of a normal sized pizza counts as? Even if i eat that much i am so full that it feels as my tummy is going to pop or puke. That sandwich was a Baguette, a little bigger then could fit in your hand.

I do not fancy fast food to be honest, its more of a social thing, when you are out with your friends and watching a movie alike. So i would say that i eat around 2 times fast food a month.

I am not a Coka cola or any kind of soda addict either. I often drink a glass of 100% fruit juice on the morning, maybe once a week a glass of chocklate milk, and maybe a bottle of soda every 2 weeks, some times a week. But i drink alot of milk

I am NOT eating donuts regular basis, I ate that donut because i had walked 2 hours and i hadn't had lunch so i had something to consume to regain blood sugar.

I sweat a lot mostly, I like the winter more cause i rarely freeze, not even around approx -20 Celsius if i got my thick coat. I walked as fast as i could, some times i walked slowly, sometimes power walked and sometimes jogging.

I am trying to be better at going to the gym. Today at least i ran on the crosstrainer for 30 min, burning 401 calories, i did some weight (Not counted), and i bicycled from home and to there (1 hour totally).

I have wondered many times why i am so fat cause like you said that there are people that are eating less then me and are small as a rail. Like a old classmate, his diet was 1 1,5 liter coke a day, fast food many times aday, candy and i could almost wrap my HANDS (not arms) around his waist (Pure gamer, no exercise except hands)

Anonymous Wrote:I am not a Coka cola or any kind of soda addict either. I often drink a glass of 100% fruit juice on the morning, maybe once a week a glass of chocklate milk, and maybe a bottle of soda every 2 weeks, some times a week. But i drink alot of milk

I ment and maybe a bottle of soda every 2 weeks, some times 1 bottle a week

My tummy does not fold it self as i stand up straight, it folds a decimeters (Or less, im bad a guessing) as i sit down but it does not cover the groin.

let me recall from page 01 of this post the op said he weighs
6 feet tall (187.9) and around 275 us-Pounds? get your exact height, it matters a lot, for example 6'3" and 275lbs is a lot less bad.
i think your weight at 6' is un healthy and you should consider doing the research but get under the the other side of the curve by weighing 185 pounds. you will extend your life by a few years, this is your post and that is my thought. simple.

as i mentioned before its really not important what you eat now, just do a journal for a week and total up the calories you eat. next step start your diet; weigh your self naked as soon as you get up, same time every day on the same scale. think in terms what foods you can eliminate to get to a sustainable 1800 calories. go through your house and throw out the foods you have eliminated and dont buy them again.
-dont drink alcohol, do drink diet soda or crystal lite products, water
-especially as you get going (you have ~80lbs to loose) you will need a somewhat balanced diet. no big tho, you will not die but:
buy a bag of whey protein the low calorie type, experiment with the flavors, most taste bad. cason protein assimilates slower, plane whey protein is done in 20 min so if this is the case take it 3 times a day. research the dosage per body weight.
fats - buy some avocados, cheese whatever
Starchy foods carbohydrate potatoes, bread, cereals, rice, pasta
sugar, have some hard candy on hand

if you eat a salad (put balsamic vinegar on it) or a potato (dont put anything on it but salt)

your body will react to this and the metabolism will decrease. like you will start falling asleep at work. change your diet and start some lite exercise.

this is more effort on my part than i wanted to put into this post. so another point. after going through all this (or what ever methods that work) would a x-fat person really appreciate the looks of someone over weight. i mean at the first critical glance? love you fellow homo, take the time to talk to him and explore who he is.

pellaz Wrote:as i mentioned before its really not important what you eat now, just do a journal for a week and total up the calories you eat. next step start your diet; weigh your self naked as soon as you get up, same time every day on the same scale. think in terms what foods you can eliminate to get to a sustainable 1800 calories. go through your house and throw out the foods you have eliminated and dont buy them again.
-dont drink alcohol, do drink diet soda or crystal lite products, water
-especially as you get going (you have ~80lbs to loose) you will need a somewhat balanced diet. no big tho, you will not die but:
buy a bag of whey protein the low calorie type, experiment with the flavors, most taste bad. cason protein assimilates slower, plane whey protein is done in 20 min so if this is the case take it 3 times a day. research the dosage per body weight.
fats - buy some avocados, cheese whatever
Starchy foods carbohydrate potatoes, bread, cereals, rice, pasta
sugar, have some hard candy on hand

How is eggs? I have taken those as a protein source and fat. I am pretty poor as i live at my parents so far and is studying at collage.

for me its ever-so more difficult to diet with all the bad foods around. and with other people in the house i cant just throw out the foods i dont want to eat.

at the start almost anything will work, eggs are fine, i just dont like em. love the taste but consider the horror (high bacteria content) they were raised in. people alway fight to the bitter end the goodness of the foods they were raised with. tell your rents you want to go vegan. serious, its something definable and they will sorta understand. stick to the protein power (online 10lbs for 80.00 usd) a salad and some sweet potato or rice.

anyways good luck with your collage.

pellaz Wrote:for me its ever-so more difficult to diet with all the bad foods around. and with other people in the house i cant just throw out the foods i dont want to eat.

at the start almost anything will work, eggs are fine, i just dont like em. love the taste but consider the horror (high bacteria content) they were raised in. people alway fight to the bitter end the goodness of the foods they were raised with. tell your rents you want to go vegan. serious, its something definable and they will sorta understand. stick to the protein power (online 10lbs for 80.00 usd) a salad and some sweet potato or rice.

anyways good luck with your collage.

I was going to say that to... That just because i still live home, i do not Really choose the food, i can choose not to buy candy but i do not have the money to buy food and i don't really got a voice about dinner choice. The dinner isn't bad, just regular stuff, but its hard following a diet, thats why i am just trying to smaller the portions out. Glad im not alone, not that its not good for you, but its nice to understood Smile