Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's Cat Man Gone ?
I see Mr Tinkles has kept has word and deleted his account Sad

Although we didn't always see eye to eye, I enjoyed his sense of humour, and of course his catty obsession Rofl

Ive been away from the group for a couple of weeks as Ive been traveling globally a lot so not really had the time to log on and contribute.

Anyone care to summarise what exactly happened? Ive seen a couple of comments about moderator censorship or something along those lines.

One of the things a few forum members suggested a couple of weeks/months ago, was to set up more moderators to arbitrate on some of the discussion threads, did that happen in the end?

Does it need to happen?

Ive no interest in turning this tread into some kind of blame game, just looking to understand what, if any challenges we have within the forum and how we (the members) can make things work better for everyones benefit.

ObW
X

OlderButWiser Wrote:I see Mr Tinkles has kept has word and deleted his account Sad
He's not the only one, he's one of many.
I want to stay here on GS but I'm not happy about this 'great escape'. So I hope they'll come back.

Yes things have been quite turbulent on here lately Sad
We have lost many good members recently
Hopefully it will settle down soon , and we can concentrate on what I think the site should be about , helping and supporting each orther and making friends Smile

Ive now seen Andy's post, and although I didn't see the offending thread, as Moderator, Andy has the right to lock or delete threads that become too contentious.

The important thing is that Andy didn't make an arbitrary decision on his own. Other people flagged the thread as offensive.

Tinks was always a bit of a tom cat. Im sure he will find somewhere else to make him self comfortable.

ObW
X

I believe the new unspoken rule is that we are not allowed to speak of such matters.

Amongst other new rules that have been demonstrated, but not actually posted to the Forum Rules section.

I believe the best option is to not speak of this and let this thread go.

Agreed. Water under the bridge now anyway.

Thread locked.

ObW
X