Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go from here
I'm 26 and I can't say I have much good luck. I have had a few good relationships, a few flings, some weren't intentional. I live in a very rural area, so not too many fish in the sea. I'm self employed and live with my family. So I have been on different dating sites like POF, and things like Grindr, you get the picture. I'm told that those aren't the best places to meet people, and from the luck I'm having seems to be true. I have had a few dates and never heard back from them, been stood up and mislead by most. Most people I talk to stop talking to me for no reason. So not sure if I am doing something wrong or not when I try to get conversation going.

The relationships I have had in hindsight seemed a bit shallow, either nothing ever sparked, or thought I was in love and in fact was getting used. Sexually speaking I've been satisfied for the most part but not well versed on a lot of things. I don't have very many gay friends and haven't been successful at meeting anyone through them, and haven't been successful through any other venue. I don't know much about having a long distance relationship or how one would work, I just don't see too many guys wanting to wait on me, seeing most can't wait a few hours. I guess I need some insight...

i find that most people on these websites are impatient and have this paranoia of being used. i think you just got to move steady and be yourself. they will come around as long as your real about yourself. i have come close to finding a boyfriend on these sites. but unfortunetely lack of common interests and bad habits (smoing drinking) have ultimately lead to their downfall. just try and be sure of yourself. i think you can snag yourself a decent guy.

Lost my post, database error.

A lot of people are out just for sex. I usually have trouble getting a conversation flowing, usually can't get it out of basic stuff like "hi how are you?" I'm also real shy and I get very nervous and uneasy, so getting a good conversation going is hard, like maybe I'm not really transitioning well from it. The few times I have met people from Grindr and things alike, haven't really turned out well, and I'm not so sure it's always them. So I'm thinking I'm doing something bad (probably out of habit) that is either turning them off or something. I am a bit socially awkward, even more so when it comes to being intimate...I really don't know what I'm doing, I really don't know how to date, majority of the time things go wrong right from the start, and the ones that have lasted in the past any length of time....month to a year, either have used me (money or sex), or give the speech. So I really don't know where to start fixing the mess "me." lol

Unfortunately there no magic pill that you can take that just makes everything better (well not in the real sense there isn't!)

It really is trial and error in some if not all cases when it comes to meeting new people and potential bf's And those sites you mentioned have there place in todays society, but the trick is to find the 1-2% of individuals who are not just out looking for casual one of sexual encounters. The hard part is picking through the profiles and deciding who to actually say hi to. If you get nothing back, or a comment that you don't like, simply move onto the next guy.

The same goes for your own profile. Just as you will judge others by their picture and content, others will judge you the same way.

There was a thread earlier in the month on using these sites to find someone. Do a search on grindr...

And remember, love will find you when you're least expecting it, and probably when your not even looking for it Smile

Good Luck

ObW
x