Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Browser do you Use: Firefox or Chrome?
Oh and firefox was made based on Netscape.
As Netscape had recently been abandoned, or the company that made it had gone kaput... either way it wasn't being updated any more. The team that made Firefox made it because they liked Netscape so much.
At least, that's what i think i read somewhere.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

zeon Wrote:i remember netscape back in the 90's on my good old windows 95 pc was a right legend that thing but now ive got used to IE its so simple im scared of change lol

kindest regards

zeon x
Yep that woulda been around the time I started using it LOL
Internet explorer has definitely improved allot since those days, certainly nothing wrong with it as a browser now Smile
(These days I just don't like it now because security issues/viruses/etc...but that's not really Micro$oft's fault - the 'bad guys' who create that crap just go after whatevers most popular/common.)
Then there's no addons like 'Ad-Block Plus' (I'm spoiled now almost can't use a computer without it LOL)

Genersis Wrote:Oh and firefox was made based on Netscape.
As Netscape had recently been abandoned, or the company that made it had gone kaput... either way it wasn't being updated any more. The team that made Firefox made it because they liked Netscape so much.
At least, that's what i think i read somewhere.
I know Netscape. was bought out by AOL who kept it going for a couple years, but eventually discontinued it/shut down that division something along that line.

I have an early version of Firefox which at that time was just "Mozilla" and a later one where it became "Firebird" then ofcourse now I've got Firefox too LOL

This thread also made me remember another browser I used way back when (lets see if anyone remembers this one!).....NCSA Mosaic ! (I think that might have been the first graphical browser??)
LOL I still have a copy of that too

-------
Edit:
@Genersis I just noticed something...your icon/avatar...the eyes blink! (kinda creeped me out I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things LOL)

72jay Wrote:...
I know Netscape. was bought out by AOL who kept it going for a couple years, but eventually discontinued it/shut down that division something along that line.

I have an early version of Firefox which at that time was just "Mozilla" and a later one where it became "Firebird" then ofcourse now I've got Firefox too LOL

This thread also made me remember another browser I used way back when (lets see if anyone remembers this one!).....NCSA Mosaic ! (I think that might have been the first graphical browser??)
LOL I still have a copy of that too

-------
Edit:
@Genersis I just noticed something...your icon/avatar...the eyes blink! (kinda creeped me out I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things LOL)

Oh yeah. You are right. Mozzila has gone though numerous name changes(Or should i say name extensions?). Mozzlia Firefox being just the latest name.:redface:
And i think your right with Mosaic. Confusedmile:
I read up on browsers a while back that's how i know what i do...even if i'm not 100% sure i remember correctly.:redface:

And as for the blinking. Took me a while to get it working. The file size limitations made me have to reduce the animation to just seven frames. So it is kind of...unsettlingly jerky.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

When surfing the net I use chrome but when Downloading i'm with Mozilla and I don't have any good reason for it Confusedmile:

Genersis Wrote:Oh yeah. You are right. Mozzila has gone though numerous name changes(Or should i say name extensions?). Mozzlia Firefox being just the latest name.:redface:
And i think your right with Mosaic. Confusedmile:
I read up on browsers a while back that's how i know what i do...even if i'm not 100% sure i remember correctly.:redface:
Most of what I know is just from having used all those different versions/browsers LOL

Genersis Wrote:And as for the blinking. Took me a while to get it working. The file size limitations made me have to reduce the animation to just seven frames. So it is kind of...unsettlingly jerky.:redface:
Most sites limit the size way down like that .. i think mainly to reduce bandwidth
It did turn out pretty good tho Smile .. I just wasn't expecting to see eyes blink (esp when I first saw it out of the corner of my eye LOL)