Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Sports do you play or watch?
I generally do not watch sports except when it comes to the big competitions like the World Cup and the Olympics. I even watched two football matches at the last World Cup which I enjoyed more for the atmosphere than the football. I support Germany and watch some Eufa when there are German teams playing. The Olympics was also great and was amazed and perplexed by some of the sports like cycling (Kieran) as to how it actually works. Diving is obviously a must see.

In high school I played basketball (I was 6'2" at 15 years old, so I didn't really have a choice), but I was never an exceptional player. I never really cared for the competitive nature of team sports, but I enjoyed a number of individual sports in which I excelled: track, skiing (water), swimming, skating (roller), skiing (snow), skating (ice).
Now that my mobility has become somewhat impaired, I participate in few of these sports today (I still swim and occasionally ice skate, but to a much lesser degree). However, I have taken up sailing, which provides a great deal of exercise and always generates a lot of amazement from friends and family who don't think I have the stamina or dexterity to man a sailing vessel (which in turn gives my ego a happy boost!).

I compete in crewing/rowing in 4s and compete in Judo (black belt). Done Judo since I was six and its probably one of the most important social and physical outlets I have.

I don't play sports, and don't really watch unless it's the Superbowl or The Finals.

If I had to choose which I liked more, I'd pick basketball over football any day!

There's too much padding, and body gear in football... you can't see anything!

There's just something about sweaty, aggressive, freakishly tall men grabbing all over each other, in basketball shorts, that gets me riled up! Thumbgrin

If you've ever worn basketball shorts, you'd know it don't take much for the goods to shine through.

OH YEAH! And UFC! OMG!!! Sweaty, ripped, angry, half-naked men, wrestling each other to the ground into submission, and beating the crap out of each other... Firedevil let me stop lol

I was a member of an Athletics club at school (a few moons ago now) was mainly picked for the 200 metres and the relays, oh and the Long Jump; I hated that! I always used to mess up the run up! I can still hear coach screaming at me if I try :biggrin:

My favourite sport to watch is baseball. I try to get to a few games a season. I also like watching soccer, football, hockey, and always look forward to the Olympics (summer & winter both), to name a few.

Baseball is the only sport I watch.