Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which foods don't you like?
Dan1980 Wrote:I will eat potatoes but not when they are mashed

I don't like mashed potatoes either (although they're not disgusting to me, like fried onions are). Mashed potatoes are too bland and tasteless somehow. It also looks like infant food, for those who have no teeth. It's not so much the texture, but the fact that mashed potatoes look like potatoes someone has already chewed through and spit out. That's the turn-off for me.

But I don't much care for potatoes to begin with. But if I do eat them, it won't be in their mashed form.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Don't like apples, either, by the way. Don't get what the appeal is. (Again, apples are not disgusting like fried onions are, but I'll not eat them voluntarily either).

I'm an omnivore, but I'm not too crazy when it comes to steak. I'm fine eating a little piece, or eating it as a steak salad or taco or whatever, but I don't like eating one big steak at once.

Hate mashed potatoes, it's to filling and it feels a chore to eat

Sprouts....we've had this thread before and my opinion will never change , Sprouts are the devils food and how anyone can stand the taste of the evil vegetable is beyond me....even the smell can make me sick

dont give me chiffon cake .. fuckk .. that stuff just sucks .. dammit ..

indian cuisine. im a foodie but I tried it once and was not fond of their flavor profiles or cooking styles.

Tripe.
For the uninitiated, it's part of the wall of a cow's stomach. They scrub it with a brush, then with lemon juice, and cut it into pieces and cook it in a spicy tomato sauce.

From Meridannight:

"It's not so much the texture, but the fact that mashed potatoes look like potatoes someone has already chewed through and spit out. That's the turn-off for me."

Well, how else would you mash potatoes?

Just kidding!!

You guys with the dislike of mashed potatoes remind me of my sister. Mom was not much on accomodating food pickiness but my sister would not eat potatoes mashed. She was fine with squashing the boiled potatoes on her plate with a fork, so that's how she got them. I always thought it was strange but maybe you all have something in common there.

This hread has had me thinking about dislikes and the only one that I can come up with is that I am tired of kale.I go to a friend's house fo dinner often and it is a favorite there. It is hard for me to chew and I just get tired of dealing with it. Somewhat like the potatoes, it is a texture thing and I just wish she would cook it more so that I would not have the feeling that I am eating slightly cooked silage.

Rather than disliking foods, I am all too apt to like them so living in the US and approaching Thansgiving, this is a dangerous time for me. I want to EAT!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:You guys with the dislike of mashed potatoes remind me of my sister. Mom was not much on accomodating food pickiness but my sister would not eat potatoes mashed. She was fine with squashing the boiled potatoes on her plate with a fork, so that's how she got them. I always thought it was strange but maybe you all have something in common there.

I don't like boiled potatoes either. Actually yeah, that taste bothers me. The only potatoes I eat are fried or oven baked. And if I have to eat mashed potatoes it needs to be a couple of days old and fried in a pan till it's burnt and crunchy with a lot of butter on it.