Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is the best Stephen King book?
Hi guys which Stephen King novel is the best you read?
An eye for an eye

I only read Salem's Lot and loved it. It gave me nightmares but in this case, I guess that was a good thing.

Has anyone read The Dome?
An eye for an eye

'The Stand' is my personal favorite, closely followed by 'Christine'. I've not read Stephen King for many years now though, I think the last one I read was 'Needful Things' and not read any more since that came out in the early 90's.
I actually have 'Insomnia' on my reading pile but not been inspired to pick it up yet. I've not read 'The Dome'.

I read Cell not long ago and it was a fantastic book.
An eye for an eye

Ive read about 20 stephen king. I find him hit and miss, though The Stand is one of my all time favourite, blaze is really good too, though i haven't read any for few years cos i really gone off him and won't read him anymore.

Yes I read "under the dome" it was the last one i read, didnt think much at all, a big and cumbersome book, I was hoping it,d be more like The stand but it wasn't.

Liked deperation, cell, blaze, the girl who loved Tom Gordon, the short story the Langoliers was brilliant, others are crap like - Duma key and from a Buick 8

11.22.63 is a good book. I want to read Firestarter next.
An eye for an eye

"the green mile" is the best ~
my favorite is probably "misery" , or "carrie"

megumidesu Wrote:"the green mile" is the best ~
my favorite is probably "misery" , or "carrie"

Both great books of his.Smile
An eye for an eye

It's weird, I tend to not like his work much, at least not enough to get through a novel, though in general I tend to like his older stuff to newer (and yet there seemed to be a pattern that created some predictability), and yet despite this 2 of my all-time favorite books are Firestarter (absolutely brilliant on so many levels, too bad all the movies based on it haven't been) and Salem's Lot (what vampire stories SHOULD be like, IMO).

I also liked the full-length The Stand (not the normal version anywhere as much), though it's not a favorite.