Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which job would you have liked to do
[SIZE="4"]
When you were a child, which job would you have liked to do ?
And now, do you do this job ?

The most of time, there is a difference between the job wanted when we are a child, and the current job. For me, i wanted to be a policeman, but ... i work in IT ^^[/SIZE]

Sorry, if my sentence is not correct.

As a kid I wanted to become a doctor.... until I got into 11th grade and my parents figured out it was time to tell me I had a learning disability they'd kept me from knowing about... to which I responded "...so you won't be disappointed if I don't become a doctor?"

After 4 years in the USMC I figured out a few ways not to ever work a "job" and make more money than a job would pay. I'll probably never have a "job" again for the rest of my life now. I like bossing myself around more than doing it to others or taking it from others.

When I was a little kid, and wanted to either deliver Milk, mail, or UPS. I thought it was SO cool they drove around standing up, in shorts, with the door open!!!

I'm light years away from any of those fields now, and I kinda hate driving in general as an adult.

I knew what I wanted to do/be when I was 8 years old. And yes, I became exactly that, a fine arts painter. I no longer DO that (specifically) but I still work in the visual arts and have my whole life.

a full time rock musician - although I think I would have burnt bright then died in a blaze of glory///or more probably of rock n roll excess , I would have been great at it

When I was a little kid I knew I wanted to work on cars or something with cars. When I was 16 I restored my first car and have been doing it for 30 years now. I am thinking of a career change ( I know at 48 right?) and am thinking of possibly working for Tesla on the assembly line. Tesla is just 10 miles away from me and they seem to be doing pretty well. It is a thought. We will see.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

Hmm.

I wasn't enamored of any one profession when I was a child.

I recall being asked what I wanted to be and I replied 'I don't know'.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I wanted to be a movie director, i would still love to do that though i think i would be a really bad tempered one not nicey, nicey, lets all have a jolly good time making a picture, no this is my vision, all that concerns me is the finished project. I would also be screen writer/editor and cast my own actors.

There were a lot of things I wanted to be when I was a kid. There was fireman, doctor, astrologist, giraffe (I was 2) actor (acted in school plays, but it never stuck) and writer (I always loved writing stories for class when they were assigned)

I still want to be a writer some day and have just finished a book editing internship. I will be substitute teaching again soon and hope to find a job in book editing which I hope will somehow help me in writing.

I wanted to be an asronaut or a fighter jet pilot, I sort of just forgot about it even though I did think about joining the military after high school. Now I'm an electrician.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]