Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which job would you have liked to do
I'm still studying, but I have no idea what I want to do after I'm done. Just like my dad, I am very polyvalent and I can just make up my mind. Being little I wanted to be a violin player. But after 4 years of taking courses I've got tired of it. Right now I do as my father told me to do, finish my school and worry about the job later.

Jake Wrote:You're talking about your colleagues right? hahahaha

Daddy you're nuts hahahaahha. That's so you LOL

hank Wrote:Do you mean these little guys?
Those are called leaf footed bugs. Not sureif they stink when you smash them, butthe best guess I can make is that the humidity is high.

Ewwww me and bugs aren't good friends.

When I was a child I dream of becoming a doctor but it did not happen...

I wanted to be an architect as a kid; guidance counselor in HS told me my math scores killed that dream.

Went to school for writing and digital design and did some of that as my job as a corporate IT trainer for a bunch of years before getting laid off. Now doing project management, which is a job, full stop. Keep my sanity by continuing to write and teach as part of my volunteer work and my own amusement. Continue to design buildings that would probably fall down and ships that would probably sink when I have spare time, which is rarely.

I got my degree in interior design (La! How Gay!!) which is what I always wanted to do. Then I worked in the field and discovered that 90% of the time I wanted to slap people rather than paint a dining room aqua marine, add fish graphics, and hot glue plastic green kelp from floor to ceiling (Yes, that was an actual client demand, and no, I did not comply... your name is your reputation).

Ideally I would still have the interior design degree, but specialized in theatre and stage design in New York. If I had emotional stability (and the ability to rewrite decades of time) that is most likely my dream occupation. Not a ton of financial stability or certainty of employment there though.

For the sake of practicality and keeping a sizable regular income I'd would have gone to trade school for plumbing, or electrical, HVAC, or building code work. Those jobs are constant, and really... Have you seen what a plumber charges? When I had to contract a plumber on a job for a client (years ago) the cost was an arm and a testicle!

I am happy doing what I am doing for the most part. It doesn't pay that much money and you don't need a higher education to do it and any monkey with a brain can do it with a little learning, lol

I am a Lift Operator at a ski resort and I enjoy it for the most part when I am actually working, lately I have only been working two days a week which really sucks because we don't have any snow or any trails open. Once the season is underway I do enjoy it because I get to ski every single day and that is fun and I just love the atmosphere of the work as well. I am a ski bum as of right now but the more I think about my lifestyle and who I really am the less I feel like I can get away being this way in the life I am living so some changes will be in the near future.

I'm still hoping to someday be either a knife maker/designer or a comic/ animation artist

When I was four, when asked, I said I wanted to be a fireman. I think even back then, I knew that was one of the "right" answers that a four-year-old can give. Not that I was hiding what I really wanted to be - I simply didn't have any idea. But people seemed to like the answer "fireman", so that's the one I gave. I had a toy fire truck, and I liked the whole sliding-down-the-pole and living-dorm-style set-up. (Maybe that was an early sign.) But I always had a fear of fire, so I have no idea why I would actually ever want to be a fireman.

I recall once writing a little essay in elementary school about what I wanted to be when I grew up. For that one, I wrote "jockey". And I can guarantee I wrote that one within a month of my first (and, I believe, only) trip to the race track. I liked seeing the jockeys and horses in their "silks", and the fact that they had set up this system where they could "guess" which horses would win, and pay out accordingly. But I had no idea what a bookie or oddsmaker was, so I guess I was stuck saying "jockey". That said, I never was interested in actually riding horses at all, so I didn't become a jockey.

The weird thing, though, is that that sort of set me off on a series of "dream jobs" where I seemed more interested in the tangential aspects of them. For instance, I was really into baseball and football in my early adolescence...but again, I didn't want to play the games that much. I loved math, and thought it'd be really cool to be a sports statistician. I did end up getting my degree in statistics, but never did anything with it.

In high school, I decided I wanted to be a meteorologist. I thought weather was cool, and since I was good at math, I thought that would be a cool job for me. But at some point, that idea sort of sputtered out.

During college, I was going to be a high school math teacher. I took education courses in addition to my math ones. But at some point during college, I realized my real passion was in music. Again, not the direct "making it" realm, but the peripheries. Enabling musicians to make music, the packaging of it, the selling of it, putting on shows, creating "game plans" for musicians, all of that. So that's what I eventually went into.

Lex

Honestly, I woud love to have bee a dancer and singer in a boyband. But I know I don't have a good voice! and I never got the chance to learn how to dance Sad s but that would be my dream job... dancing liberates my soul Smile