Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Thinks Parallel Universes Are Real ?
I'm in a random mood today ,and I'm just wondering who here thinks parallel universes are real?

Depends on your definition of 'real' I guess

It's a comforting thought that somewhere along the parallel universe, I'm some sort of millionaire playboy or some sort of super hero. LOL

I find them plausible.

I too, find the concept plausible. I dont think there is any real evidence though....its mostly wishful thinking at this point.

Long Story- Back in the early 90's, I was visited in my dreams by my ex-lover, the "love of my life", Patrick. For about 5 days straight, every night, I would dream of him standing in front of me smiling. That was it. I would wake up out of these dreams startled almost. On the last day, he spoke to me, without his lips moving, but I could "hear" him nonetheless. He took me/showed me a "God" vision and explained that he was showing me in images that I could understand. He showed me a tree, made up of billions of "cells" and each cell represented a soul.

The goal was to move up the tree from the root to try to reach the uppermost branches...enlightenment if you will. To that end, the collective consciousness of souls- the tree- had created millions of "worlds" which were actually not just alternate universes, but complete alternate realities. Souls would enter those realities to play and learn and grow. But the trick was, once you entered the reality, all knowledge of "the tree" was gone. You would forget that the world you were in was simply a construct of collective imagination. But the choices you made in that reality, did affect your "soul" growth once you came back to the tree. The whole atmosphere of the tree and these realities was one of absolute joy and "play".

There were all sorts of realities, some with very different laws of physics. Some which were very similar to our own with only slight variations. But all of these realities served the purpose of play, soul-bonding with others, and learning- growth.

At the end of this dream, Patrick faded out but kept repeating "It will all be okay. It will all be okay." When he was gone, I awoke with a start and sat straight up in bed. The dream had seemed more real to me than reality. It seemed completely revelatory and powerful. I actually gasped when I awoke and was crying, but with joy (The only time I have done that by the way).

The next day, I called my sister who lived in the same town as Patrick. I asked about him and she told me that he had died the previous week from AIDS. He had contracted HIV after we had broken up and unbeknownst to me, had been sick off and on for the prior year.

I know that some people will scoff. But after that dream, I developed a renewed faith in God and in "alternate realities". To me they are all tied into the same story, just as we all are. That is my belief.

FYI- I realize that to some people all of this might sound ridiculous. But please be civil if you have any responses to this story. You may think that I am nuts, but this is my belief system, and even if you don't believe it, I ask that you please remain polite. Thanks.

I defiantly think they are real. I got to different universes most nights when I dream. Last night I was flying above the ocean by a cliff and I dived in and out of the water but still flying. It was rather awesome. And then this morning I was in a world where there were three dogs one didn't like me and was snarly towards me. He was the biggest of the three. And then the smallest one stopped him and was my friend. And the third was indifferent to the situation.

Also I dreamt the sound of creation. Ohm.

Tim18 Wrote:I'm in a random mood today ,and I'm just wondering who here thinks parallel universes are real?

I think they're real.

Quantum Physics is real, I think. I think that everything is possible. Maybe in another universe I am straight, and maybe that is okay with me. Maybe it would be easier. Maybe in the other universe, it would be different. But my sexuality doesn't have anything to do with it. I don't see any reason why quantum physics shouldn't be real.

i believe there's something more. what form that takes i have no clue. i like to keep my mind open and enjoy the mystery.

Also I think it comes down to perception of this universe. And your own experiences and if you took a DMT trip. They last for only a small amount of time but you can be in another universe for years. My friend did and she was away for thousands of years.