Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here is from the central US (south or midwest)?
The Midwest is not boring and the South is not racist. So if you're from either of those regions, embrace it!!

I'm from the Midwest (Minnesota) and I'm moving to the South (Arkansas). So I love both regions.

Just some clarifications- According to the US Census, Oklahoma is in the South, not the Midwest. So if you're from Oklahoma, you're from the South. Missouri is both South and Midwest, so if you're from Missouri, it's up to you to decide which you identify more with.

Does New Mexico count as the "South?" Ok, maybe Southwest, but people are definitely ignorant and racist here. Some places really do live up to their stereotypes, this being one of them. I blame the school system here. It's abysmal.

Seriously, born and raised in Texas, it's pretty racist, as is, well, most of the south. But we don't stop at just racism, of course, any other kind of bigotry you can think of the south are big supporters of...thank Jeebus for Austin.

I'm from "The Land Of Lincoln".

Florida's unique,
in that the more south you go,
the less bible-thumping south it gets.

Same goes for racism.

The more north you go,
the concentration of racism rises.

But it's everywhere,
and to claim that there's absolutely zero racism in the south is a flawed statement.

The roots of racism that rose the south will always remain in it's fabric,
as is the same for the rest of America.

I mean...
church's refusing to marry interracial couples...
you won't find that in New York,
although,
random "stop and search" procedures of Blacks and Hispanics are standard police protocol there...
So like I said,
racism is everywhere.

I guess what I'm saying is that people from the south aren't all racist.

I'm from Pacific Northwest, recently transplanted into St. Paul, so what I have to say about this
Arkansota Wrote:I guess what I'm saying is that people from the south aren't all racist.
is "Prove it."

Bill clinton is not racist and he's from Arkansas, a hardcore southern state Tongue

And believe me, Arkansans love their bill

Arkansota Wrote:Bill clinton is not racist and he's from Arkansas, a hardcore southern state Tongue

And believe me, Arkansans love their bill

I guess you're right...he did show his love for Chubby Interns.