Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who invented beer?
Maybe of interest to some. I didn't know it went back so far.

http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/...ented-beer
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well, fermentation is a natural process, most organisms can pull it off when oxygen is not available, so it was only a matter of time before peeps quite a while ago discovered how to make it happens themselves, even without knowing the nature of fermentative organisms. Not surprising, I say, although still interesting to read, especially when trying to come up with a particular start. It's sort of like trying to figure out which element was "discovered" first, which mostrly means having to dilucidate which metal was first used. A bit of an impossible task, because most of these events happened when written records weren't a thing
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

We'll never know who it was but we should always be grateful. Beer is good stuff. Makes a good hair rinse. Fine for trapping slugs. It can be tricky to administer, but if you give them enough it will tame rednecks.

It is said that St. Bridgit turned her bathwater into beer. I just think she had gas.

My favorite pot roast involves using beer instead of water.

And it almost makes mowing the yard worth dealing with.
I bid NO Trump!