Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your gay role model?
Eleanor Roosevelt and Alexander the great.

Ricky Martin, Ellen, Wanda Sykes, they're not gay but Madonna and Kylie Minogue (they're entire careers were basically built for the LGBT community). One of my friends is my idol as well

I find the concept of a role model difficult. It's easy to name gay people who I admire or who have accomplished great things, it's another issue entirely whether I think I would aspire to live as they have.

Anyway I'll go with the novelist E.M. Forster.

myapple Wrote:Ricky Martin, Ellen, Wanda Sykes, they're not gay but Madonna and Kylie Minogue (they're entire careers were basically built for the LGBT community). One of my friends is my idol as well

erm..pretty sure Ricky Martin is gay. He came out in 2010 though he has been avoiding speculations on his sexuality for many years before that.

I have been thinking for a couple of days and came to the colnclusion that I have never really admired anyone because of their sexuality because it doesn't make them any more or less of a person in my eyes.

My role model if I believe I have ever had one is my Mum. She performed miracles to keep a roof over my brother and my heads and keep my brother out of jail when he was a kid, all the while working 2-3 jobs to pay for a crushing debt that any lesser person would have gave into, that my father left us in due to his alcolism and gambling addiction

ME! ha ha ha