Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who needs traffic lights?
I watched it twice.
The second time to make SURE none of the cars whose rears I could see were using blinkers!

Here's something else to make your putts bucker... the world's 10 scariest airports. I had no idea San Diego was on the list. Been there and it's not so bad. Also been to Eagle Co Airport (Eagle Vail) for skydiving three times. ANNNNNND flew in and out of Gibraltar Airport back in 2008 and had no idea what it was like until I saw it!!!!!! You come in over the Atlantic and almost run off into the Mediterranean.

meridannight Wrote:well i would, if Ethiopia was anywhere near where i lived. i'm not gonna travel there just to prove i can drive that thing. the system is there, it's pretty obvious to me. not my fault that you don't see it.

Sure I don't see it, because there's none... When you'll experiences driving is such place you can come and tell me otherwise, I drove in Cairo, Paris, Hamburg, London, Sydney, AU, NY, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver. Until you do, it's just your theory. And no one asked you to travel there to prove anything. You're not from there and I can guaranty that you'd be the one causing the crash I know I would because WE have a system they do not. And no, it's not your fault that a 2 minutes video didn't prove your theory. I have had three of my Ethiopian friends who actually lived and drove in that god forsaken intersection and they confirmed that quite a lot of accidents occur at that very same intersection at least 10 accidents per month. The roads in Ethiopia are just like the Ethiopian government, they have no system and there's chaos.

Jake Wrote:Sure I don't see it, because there's none...

that's your only explanation to why you don't see it? lols.

Quote:When you'll experiences driving is such place you can come and tell me otherwise, I drove in Cairo, Paris, Hamburg, London, Sydney, AU, NY, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver.

like i haven't driven in big cities with complex traffic schemes.

Quote:Until you do, it's just your theory.

it's not just a theory. it's a clearly visible pattern and rhythm in that traffic scene.

Quote:And no one asked you to travel there to prove anything.

well you told me to go and drive there in order to see if i still agree it's not chaotic. how else could i prove it, other than in first person.

Quote:You're not from there and I can guaranty that you'd be the one causing the crash I know I would because WE have a system they do not.

really? because you're the expert on my driving skills? speak for yourself.

Quote:And no, it's not your fault that a 2 minutes video didn't prove your theory.

actually the video proves my theory just by the fact that most cars pass through that intersection without any accidents. chaos is when you drive in blind and hope for the best. that's obviously not the case here. ergo, there's structure. again, not my fault you can't comprehend this simple concept.

and as far as my ''theory'' goes:
--traffic flow on that intersection is not a constant. it comes on in waves.
--certain directions/routes are given higher priority over others.
--there exists a ''safety zone'' there behind which cars arriving from certain directions can stop and wait till they can cross.
--cars taking a right still keep to the utmost right, as is perfectly sensible to do.
--there are two high-velocity headings/routes to look out for and keep an eye on when attempting to cross; other ones are obviously slower.
--if the two high-velocity routes are void of traffic other routes cross over ASAP. if those two headings however have significant traffic cars coming from all other directions generally slow down and give them priority to pass.
--there's one u-turn executed perfectly within a lapse in oncoming traffic.
--the worst jams happen when the two high-velocity routes have a conflict in headings (i.e. one of them wants to take a left). that's when the biggest traffic jams take place on that intersection. and one of the headings is given priority by all others.

in conclusion there are two high-priority routes passing through there, ones where cars don't even slow down ahead of the intersection. on all other routes cars slow down ahead of the intersection, unless the two higher priority routes have no traffic at all making it possible to cross over immediately.

there. that's a system. maybe you can lose your head seeing that picture, and maybe you can't make sense of it, but then that's you.

Quote:I have had three of my Ethiopian friends who actually lived and drove in that god forsaken intersection and they confirmed that quite a lot of accidents occur at that very same intersection at least 10 accidents per month.

just because you conveniently have friends in a location we're having an argument about doesn't mean your friends aren't driving idiots. i know plenty drivers in Europe who are fucking morons on the road. just because they drive Paris every day doesn't make them experts on it.

and of course there are accidents on that intersection. it doesn't have any freaking lights there! just because there's a system doesn't mean there are no accidents. exactly 237 major accidents took place there between 2004-2006, which comprised 8% of all the accidents in Addis Ababa.

meridannight Wrote:that's your only explanation to why you don't see it? lols.

like i haven't driven in big cities with complex traffic schemes.

it's not just a theory. it's a clearly visible pattern and rhythm in that traffic scene.

well you told me to go and drive there in order to see if i still agree it's not chaotic. how else could i prove it, other than in first person.

really? because you're the expert on my driving skills? speak for yourself.

actually the video proves my theory just by the fact that most cars pass through that intersection without any accidents. chaos is when you drive in blind and hope for the best. that's obviously not the case here. ergo, there's structure. again, not my fault you can't comprehend this simple concept.

and as far as my ''theory'' goes:
--traffic flow on that intersection is not a constant. it comes on in waves.
--certain directions/routes are given higher priority over others.
--there exists a ''safety zone'' there behind which cars arriving from certain directions can stop and wait till they can cross.
--cars taking a right still keep to the utmost right, as is perfectly sensible to do.
--there are two high-velocity headings/routes to look out for and keep an eye on when attempting to cross; other ones are obviously slower.
--if the two high-velocity routes are void of traffic other routes cross over ASAP. if those two headings however have significant traffic cars coming from all other directions generally slow down and give them priority to pass.
--there's one u-turn executed perfectly within a lapse in oncoming traffic.
--the worst jams happen when the two high-velocity routes have a conflict in headings (i.e. one of them wants to take a left). that's when the biggest traffic jams take place on that intersection. and one of the headings is given priority by all others.

in conclusion there are two high-priority routes passing through there, ones where cars don't even slow down ahead of the intersection. on all other routes cars slow down ahead of the intersection, unless the two higher priority routes have no traffic at all making it possible to cross over immediately.

there. that's a system. maybe you can lose your head seeing that picture, and maybe you can't make sense of it, but then that's you.

just because you conveniently have friends in a location we're having an argument about doesn't mean your friends aren't driving idiots. i know plenty drivers in Europe who are fucking morons on the road. just because they drive Paris every day doesn't make them experts on it.

and of course there are accidents on that intersection. it doesn't have any freaking lights there! just because there's a system doesn't mean there are no accidents. exactly 237 major accidents took place there between 2004-2006, which comprised 8% of all the accidents in Addis Ababa.

You've got that 8% form a comment of that video in Youtube. give me a break. Whether you believe my friends or not doesn't matter to me. And for god sake's you can't be always right learn to let it go sometimes. There's no system there, as there's no system in Cairo, they're just crazy drivers. I do see that drivers got use to it, but you can't call it a system. And again, can you lay off the I'm stupid and your not kind of comments here. The fact that you see something in some ways doesn't mean you're 100% right. Deal with it!

Jake Wrote:You've got that 8% form a comment of that video in Youtube. give me a break. Whether you believe my friends or not doesn't matter to me. And for god sake's you can't be always right learn to let it go sometimes. There's no system there, as there's no system in Cairo, they're just crazy drivers. I do see that drivers got use to it, but you can't call it a system.

i'll let go when you (or anyone else convinced of the same thing) offer a convincing explanation to why there's no system. currently you're just repeating the words ''there's no system'' like a broken record.

i'm not always right. but that doesn't make me any more wrong the times i am right.

meridannight Wrote:i'll let go when you (or anyone else convinced of the same thing) offer a convincing explanation to why there's no system. currently you're just repeating the words ''there's no system'' like a broken record.

i'm not always right. but that doesn't make me any more wrong the times i am right.

You offer me a clear example of the system and i'll agree with you and please not just your opinion, prove it scientifically and I will shut up. Prove it.

Jake Wrote:You offer me a clear example of the system and i'll agree with you and please not just your opinion, prove it scientifically and I will shut up. Prove it.

i already did.

meridannight Wrote:i already did.

No you did not... bring me some document from the government of Ethiopia as of why they didn't put lights there. You did not... it was all your own logic fueled with your self-believed that you're continuously right. Bring me official documents, official plan of design as of why this type of intersection exists. You did not, it was all of you. I want something outside of you. I've got something outside of you from my native Ethiopian buddies, you only got theories. Leave the theory and bring FACTS.

Jake Wrote:No you did not... bring me some document from the government of Ethiopia as of why they didn't put lights there. You did not... it was all your own logic fueled with your self-believed that you're continuously right. Bring me official documents, official plan of design as of why this type of intersection exists. You did not, it was all of you. I want something outside of you. I've got something outside of you from my native Ethiopian buddies, you only got theories. Leave the theory and bring FACTS.

lols. yeah, because actual recorded traffic patterns are my ''opinion'', and not facts. government of Ethiopia does not control actual human behavior and how it adapts to different real life situations. you should know that, since you're a psychology major. right now you look like you might be a bureaucracy major and not someone who understands anything of human behavior. paperwork does not dictate human behavior. funny how this escaped someone who's supposedly studied psychology.

and the fact that the Ethiopian government did not put up a light there again hints that that is not that necessary there, implying the traffic can do without it (not saying it's doing well without the lights).

i haven't seen your Ethiopian ''friends''. for all i know they don't exist. leaving it aside whether i have brought on the table any facts for you, you haven't supplied any either. you're a nihilist.

Oh personal attacks on my studies... well that game can be played by two. Bring the damn proof and than you can go about judging me or my non-existing Ethiopian friends. Well, funny how you still haven't brought any official documents. So who's the poser? Bring the darn proof of your theory and then we can discuss further. Or is it going to be like one of your statements about Mark Walhberg who started as acting before singing. LOL really, Sometime self-logic isn't always right. And yes, as a dude who studied psychology I did figure you out enough to know that you can't accept to be wrong and that you'll even slightly change a subject just so you can win. Smile

What you brought on the table is your own theory, nothing that can get verified as my non-existing Ethiopian, but I can bring them here... can you do the same?