Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was the idiot who invented.....
men's trousers without a zip fly?

A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of tousers from a reputable firm from which I have purchased before. The trousers I purchased were exactly the same design as some I had purchase previously with one exception. No zip? WTF? How could an experienced clothing retailer sell something like that. Don't they realise how incredibly inconvenient that is?

In the future when I buy I will have to ask whether the trousers have a zip or not.

End of rant.

LONDONER Wrote:men's trousers without a zip fly?

A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of traders from a reputable firm from which I have purchased before. The trousers I purchased were exactly the same design as some I had purchase previously with one exception. No zip? WTF? How could an experienced clothing retailer sell something like that. Don't they realise how incredibly inconvenient that is?

In the future when I buy I will have to ask whether the trousers have a zip or not.

End of rant.

lol at first I thought , oh for some this may be very convenient. And then I realized that you probably meant that there was no "hole" at all... Rolleyes

hm is it really that big of a deal? personally I prefer pants I can just pull down have have a whiz and then pull up. Rather than having to unbutton my pants and unzip my fly. Though if youre in public using a urinal is out of the question but I almost always use the walk in stalls when I pee.

Well im tempted not to reply londoner as you said the f word :p do you mean to suggest no zip, no buttons, no nothing, is going to the toilet just a trivial occurunce now, need not be catered for! Although it crosses my mind, didnt you notice in the store, maybe change retailors

I hate zippers down there, which is why I wear 501's most of the time.

I don't shop on line... I prefer to manhandle merchandize, test it, feel it, hold it up and inspect it.

When the stores close and everything is ordered on line I'm becoming nudist.

First of all apologies for writing "traders" instead of "trousers. Don't know how I managed that,

I purchased them on line so I couldn't inspect them beforehand. They were just described as "pull on" but doesn't one "pull on" all trousers? As has been pointed out, using a public urinal does pose a problem and using a closet, while possible, isn't always available.

The trouser as I found out afterwards, are made in China and, as I pointed out to the retailer, how much more would it cost to put a zip in?

partisan Wrote:Well im tempted not to reply londoner as you said the f word :p do you mean to suggest no zip, no buttons, no nothing, is going to the toilet just a trivial occurunce now, need not be catered for! Although it crosses my mind, didnt you notice in the store, maybe change retailors

If you know what those initials stand for then it's not my fault. I didn't write out the F word in full.

We have a two week period when we can return the items bought online and get back the money. Can you do that too?

Yes Nick9, the seller would have accepted a return but as I had ordered exactly the same trousers before and expected them to be exactly the same, I didn't examine them and just packed them in my suitcase and only realised much later when I had left the UK.

oh, pity. I am afraid that it would be difficult to "repair" them and sew the zip in. There wouldn't be enough material to make a regular fly.