Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was the idiot who invented.....
It woukd be possible Nick9, they were too long so there is some spare material, but I think that it would be economically viable.

LONDONER Wrote:First of all apologies for writing "traders" instead of "trousers. Don't know how I managed that,

I purchased them on line so I couldn't inspect them beforehand. They were just described as "pull on" but doesn't one "pull on" all trousers? As has been pointed out, using a public urinal does pose a problem and using a closet, while possible, isn't always available.

The trouser as I found out afterwards, are made in China and, as I pointed out to the retailer, how much more would it cost to put a zip in?
IF they are pull-ons, it may be that they are elasticated at the waist, therefore not needing a button and fly. They are probably meant for home use, a bit like a pair of pyjama bottoms, or training suit bottoms.
You mentioned liking zips, would you also go for a buttoned fly?
Secondly, if you bought them online for inspection, then you have the right to send them back and get a refund because they are not what you wanted.

LONDONER Wrote: They were just described as "pull on" but doesn't one "pull on" all trousers?

The description is correct for a pant that does not have an opening - to facilitate entry and exit of a pant - other than the waist opening itself. Since you do not like them perhaps you have a friend who might.

LONDONER Wrote:It woukd be possible Nick9, they were too long so there is some spare material, but I think that it would be economically viable.

economically viable is a nice expression, I've never heard that Smile

Better that than having trousers that make you mad every time you see them Smile

Nick9 Wrote:economically viable is a nice expression, I've never heard that Smile

Better that than having trousers that make you mad every time you see them Smile

Damm! I meant not economically viable.

LONDONER Wrote:Damm! I meant not economically viable.

never mind, I think I am doing some speed reading, because I didn't notice trades x trousers earlier and didn't miss "not" either :biggrin: All is good, I love "viable" anyway Wink

so i can make a memorable video:
let me know when you are returning them to where you bought them.

princealbertofb Wrote:IF they are pull-ons, it may be that they are elasticated at the waist, therefore not needing a button and fly. They are probably meant for home use, a bit like a pair of pyjama bottoms, or training suit bottoms.
You mentioned liking zips, would you also go for a buttoned fly?
Secondly, if you bought them online for inspection, then you have the right to send them back and get a refund because they are not what you wanted.

No, they're not supposed to be exclusively for home use. I've already answered the question about returning them. I like them except that they don't have a fly opening. They're these:

http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/cotton-pu...vt/ac12147

partisan Wrote:Well im tempted not to reply londoner as you said the f word :p do you mean to suggest no zip, no buttons, no nothing, is going to the toilet just a trivial occurunce now, need not be catered for! Although it crosses my mind, didnt you notice in the store, maybe change retailors

Which "f" word are you speaking of???

few, firm, from, future ?

I prefer a zipper too, although I rarely use it.

I have the problem of the front of my pants "pooching" out.
If I wear pants with no zippers, it looks like I have something stuff in the front of my pants (hush now!).
If I wear pants with zippers, the zipper usually keeps the "pooching" out from happening.