Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who won last night, Trump or Clinton?
If you saw the debate last night, in your opinion, who won and why?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't think there are winners per say, just because someone "wins" a debate doesn't necessarily mean they should or shouldn't be president. Most are going to say whoever they supported won. I feel the date was poorly moderated, there were 4 questions asked and most of their responses were either non-answers or hot air. Pretty much typical politics here.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I only saw about the last 10 minutes of it as I couldn't sleep last night (was stupid o'clock in the UK) so can only comment on that, I basically saw Clinton own being told she lacks stamina saying that shes been involved with 112 countries negotiating treaties/trade etc.

Trump seemed really stale and was blaming Clinton for everything or being very defensive when she had anything to say about him stating that it was all her joined media trying to get at him or something stupid like that. He practically agreed when Clinton joked that he may as well blame her for everything. From an international standing, Hes carrying the attitude of a spoilt child who wants things his way or no way which could damage how the world sees the United States.

just watching a debate on UK tv with so called experts analysing the debate showing who lied where etc - they say in a normal debate that Hillary won on the facts and debating style and Trump got weaker as it went on with honesty and debating tactics - but then they all agree that this is no normal debate and that Trump came out of it ok just because he says so many outlandish and derogatory things that the public do not care now - in fact they watch Trump just to hear what he will come out with next - that's a little scary to me that people accept his tactics , but the polls will give the publics real opinion as it did in the UK exit of Europe

axle2152 Wrote:I feel the debate was poorly moderated, there were 4 questions asked and most of their responses were either non-answers or hot air. Pretty much typical politics here.

Very poorly moderated. It was a clusterfuck.

I also agree with axle that I don't think anyone won.

Yeah and I frankly don't understand why "who won" the debate even matters. Everyone is going to say whoever they want to be president won the debate, no matter if they objectively did win.

Trump is a fucking pig, I will say that. Oh I didn't pay anything in taxes because I am smart. No that's because you're rich and hire accountants to structure your income so that you do no have to pay.

What gets me is why do all the rednecks who work their ass off for $10 an hour support this scumbag...

Anyway, yeah poorly moderated. You know local politicians get their mic cut off if they go over the allotted time, why are the people who are supposed to be running for the president treated like they're in 2nd grade and are allowed to act like children. No one even cares...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Trump only seem to want to point out things he owns and what he did in the past. In my opinion why is a man-brat running for president in the first place? He is not fit to be a leader of a country, Yes he may have money making skills but not the leadership skills to deal with other countries without pissing someone off. If you ask me to lead a country you need to be able to keep your mouth closed at times without getting into a heated battle with another person which this dick cant seem to do.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I can't even look at the man or listen to him anymore....I get nauseous and I feel like I spent a minute with the devil....so I have to avoid him now....

This is the down side of being an empath. I am glad most people don't have to see the things I do....you wouldn't want to know...

I hate politics and never get involved as I think they are all corrupt = but Trump scares me to death - he even bragged in the debate on how many times he's declared himself bankrupt to avoid paying everyone and anyone including the tax people - he laughed and said he's a businessman - so change the law (so he cant exploit it again) plus the big one I that's not reported much over here - I cant remember the quote so correct me - but he respected Putin !!!! and he wants Americans to vote for him

The fact that Trump has made it this far proves my complete inability to understand the thinking process of the American public. So even though I think Hilary might have done slightly better, that means nothing. I listen to the NY Times election podcast The Run Up, and they are calling it a slight victory by Clinton but that neither probably did much in terms of winning over people who haven't already decided who they're voting for. So who really knows?

I also agree that moderator was awful. They walked all over him.