Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone that's not a plumber actually know this?
I didn't. I was looking up some plumbing information, and I ran across this bit of info.

[Image: dual-flushometer-111.jpg]

I had no idea that the little handle on public toilets actually -meters- water depending on which way you move the lever.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I didn't. I was looking up some plumbing information, and I ran across this bit of info.

I had no idea that the little handle on public toilets actually -meters- water depending on which way you move the lever.

It doesn't actually meter the water, it just uses less water for liquid waste. The idea is not restricted to public lavatories since very many domestic systems in Europpe are fitted with two plungers, the small one for liquid waste and the larger for solid stuff. They've been in use for years now.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Hmm. I didn't learn about that until I worked at Frank Myers' Construction where one of the things we did was install hella toilets with these sorts of flush mechanisms.

God I felt so stupid when whats-his-name berated me for not knowing. Now I see I'm not the only person who doesn't know. I thought I had just missed the day in class when they covered how to operate public facilities.

BTW I still use my foot to flush, as the idea of touching the handle of a public facility just creeps me out, so its always being pushed down - maximum water wastage.

Hell I don't give a fuck, its not like I'm genetically invested in the future....

i usually see signs in bathrooms letting people know. what good is it if no one knows about it?