Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Should We have to hide?
I hope I'm in the right place to be starting this thread, but I'll go ahead and ask my question. Why should we hide our homosexuality? For the bums? For those who don't approve? Honestly, I don't care what people think, so why am I constantly hearing from friends and family to "tone it down." I'm GAY! I want to be who I am. If people don't like it, I don't care! Why should we hide our actions, personality, feelings, or homosexuality? Can someone please explain this to me?

Because America is brainwashed and programmed into thinking anything that is shunned by society & the media is taboo. Don't put too much thought into it. I know how filthy and hurtful people can be. You just have to learn not to give a fuck and do what you want. If people around you can't accept that, that's fine. Your friends are telling you to tone it down? Drop them then. They obviously are closed minded idiots. You're not living to please anyone else. There's people out there that will accept you.

Be who you are and stay true to yourself.
Unfortunately there are too many people who are brainwashed by society into believing that straight is the only way to be and that anything else is a sin.
The church has a lot to answer for ,they are hanging on by the tip of their fingertips to their dwindling power.

Thanks everyone, but I still don't get why people are so judgemental. It's not right. Love is love and I'm going to be who I am.

Tell your friends to tone down their straightness. It's like when people complain when two guys or girls kiss in a movie I always want to scream "Do you realize how much straight kissing and sex I've had to put with in movies? NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU!!!"

Also, no one HAS to hide anything (unless there is a real physical threat, but even then it's still technically a choice).

In ye olde days it was in fact to instill a model for children and not confuse them, which helped a great deal to septuple the world population in the last 200 years.

Today there's no real reason. Some people just don't like to "have that shit in their lives" but beyond that it's fairly well accepted wherever civilization exists, I think. You still have to remain within the realm of good taste and within social boundaries, though. Some expressions of homosexuality can be quite shocking and are meant to be, which some people disapprove of.

I see so many wise people here. I still see no reason to hide though. Love who you want!

give it up. people will always judge no matter what you are. itll never change, no matter how hard you try to get them to change.

I understand you frustration… I really do. Your best net is to ignore them. They are insecure with the reaction that they may receive as a result of associating with you… truly it is there issue not yours.. Last new years eve my brother tried to stop me from talking….. Just talking to some guy about something really random because “that guy’s not gay”. its irritating to say the least. We are who we are and with a little hard work we will turn out to be who we are supposed to be. No one has a right to tell you to box up what makes you, you and hide it away. If that was true women would still be barefoot and pregnant. Be the person that is you, if you were to act different just to not offend them, you will lose sight of your true self.

worknlife, one of the most beautiful posts I've seen yet! You are so right.