Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Should We have to hide?
worknlife Wrote:I understand you frustration… I really do. Your best net is to ignore them. They are insecure with the reaction that they may receive as a result of associating with you… truly it is there issue not yours.. Last new years eve my brother tried to stop me from talking….. Just talking to some guy about something really random because “that guy’s not gay”. its irritating to say the least. We are who we are and with a little hard work we will turn out to be who we are supposed to be. No one has a right to tell you to box up what makes you, you and hide it away. If that was true women would still be barefoot and pregnant. Be the person that is you, if you were to act different just to not offend them, you will lose sight of your true self.

My problem with coming out entirely. People will think any and every interaction with another male is trying to get in their pants. Not so. Is every straight guy's interaction with a female trying to get in their pants? or vice versa? Ignorant s.o.b.'s.....

When I first came out to mom she asked me not to "wave it around", to keep it as a personal matter and not tell anyone. Of course...this offended me and I informed her of that.

My sexuality has nothing to do with my personality so "waving gay around" isn't really "Possible". If people ask then yes, I am gay, if people ask if I have a girlfriend I say that I'm gay and if someone wants to punish me for it then they can come -_-.

We shouldn't need to hide at all, we shouldn't need to cower behind insecure emotions just because this world is ruled by a majority of superstitious, shallow and honestly pathetic individuals. There are WONDERFUL people out there in this world, people of every single ethnic origin, sexuality, identity and whatnot. We can all hide because its socially easier or we can choose to embrace who we are and kiss our boyfriend/girlfriend goodbye or hello in public without giving a fuck who's wasting their time judging us.

I realize that a lot of us live in places where stupidity often leads to physical violence and not seldom from homophobes against homosexuals. We hide because we are afraid and fear is exactly what brings the world forward, fear for a darker future. Through this fear one should embrace one's inner self and let it shine. The symbol of acceptance is the rainbow and I believe with all of my heart that we can achieve that radiance in real life.

With every belief and ideal comes a mixture of negative and positive outcomes. I am openly gay, have two rainbow pins on my shoulder bag and don't hesitate to protect equality. If this kills me one day because some conservative asshole wants to put his point across then so be it. There is nothing better to die for than the fight for acceptance, equality and a brighter world.

Many call me naive, full of talk, a dreamer and most likely a lot of other things but I believe that one day we won't have to hide and the only way to reach that destination is by taking a step forward and revealing yourself to the world. I whether bathe in sunlight for but a brief moment than live in a cold wasteland for an eternity.

i was in a straight marriage and was allowed t kiss and hold hands in public. I really feel its a priority to do the same with my husband. Its not an emotional thing for me but there are physical safety issues and i feel responsible for my partner. Where ever I go with him at minim I want it to be a good memorable time.

-discovering your gay is not the same experience as finding jesus.
-95% of the population is straight, will anyways be straight.

Niltra Wrote:With every belief and ideal comes a mixture of negative and positive outcomes. I am openly gay, have two rainbow pins on my shoulder bag and don't hesitate to protect equality. If this kills me one day because some conservative asshole wants to put his point across then so be it. There is nothing better to die for than the fight for acceptance, equality and a brighter world.

Many call me naive, full of talk, a dreamer and most likely a lot of other things but I believe that one day we won't have to hide and the only way to reach that destination is by taking a step forward and revealing yourself to the world. I whether bathe in sunlight for but a brief moment than live in a cold wasteland for an eternity.

...I think you display a rare courage that I observe more talk than action in most people. Thanks for your stand!Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

noone asks you to hide it. I only say i am gay when people ask . Of course i might have a strange of dressing and some people give some bad looks , and i simply smile or laugh ; depends on my mood. they will just judge till they get to know you.

Because people are jealous and homicidal and you don't owe them anything unless one of them seems worth it.
Because they fuck, murder and eat whatever turns them on or the closest they can get to it. That's why.
Back up to mount olympis with you! Only in some very few places on earth for now can we actually live. A society where it even matters is beneath all evolved people, not just us.

Hiding, or being in the closet is a choice, one I chose not to make and, one I feel is more detrimental to the person hiding or staying in the closet than the ramifications of coming out or simply being who and what you are.

I don't go around with a sign or shouting that I am gay, but I don't hide it either. Drives my straight friends nuts until they get used to me but, if I see a hot guy I will comment just as they do on hot girls. I'm not going to push my"gayness" on my straight friends, but I'm not going to act straight around them either. Take me as I am or GTFO of my life.

Yes, occasionally I have derogatory remarks thrown at me, some jerk will throw something at me, or someone will try to "save" me with their version of the Bible. I have been physically assaulted three times for being gay, hospitalized one of those times. and that is why some chose to hide, they don't want to face that.

Neither do I but, if it's that or pretend to be who I am not, then I'll take my chances and just be myself. At least I don't hate myself or have to live in fear of someone finding out my "dirty little secret", if they've known me a week, they probably already know I'm gay, I collect firearms, like to hunt and fish, am a great cook, love horses, play MMO games in my spare time, drive a pickup, listen to death metal, pop and, jazz and hate clothing, only wearing the minimum required to keep me from being arrested in public.

I understand why some chose to hide, but I don't understand why some think that's better than the initial backlash and the rare flame against them after that.

I'd love to be out,not to care a fuck what others think... But things are never that simple or me :redface:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

No need to hide anymore Smile I've noticed in just the last few years even more gay pride being shown and people much more open to it (I do not speak of the average American being open to it).

I mean society as a whole can no longer deny or hide their heads that gay people do indeed exist and will continue to. It's great!

JisthenewK Wrote:Thanks everyone, but I still don't get why people are so judgemental. It's not right. Love is love and I'm going to be who I am.

I blame God. :biggrin:

You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter.