Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why am I single? British guys just don't seem to like me?
I am not being big headed but I have started to wonder why I am single? A lot of my ex's have said they were surprised I am single, but all my ex's are foreign and not British. I think it may be because the British gay scene think that only white people can be hot (er no) and so is quite racist.

I have mixed heritage so I have a tanned complexion with dark hair and eyes (I'm not going to lie, I do look attractive) but British gays are only after the chav look so white, fake tan, bleached hair, makeup...

I find the only guys who really want me are from countries where there is a lot more diversity i.e. the US. They appreciate different kinds of hotness.

But then even when I get these guys they go off and fucking abandon me because they have to go home or whatever and there's the shitty distance thing.

What am I to do??

Start opening up your dating requirements in the UK, look in different places? You say your ex's are surprised you are single, may I ask why they became ex's if you are such a good catch?

LDR are full of expectation and romance, like a holiday romance, but after the holiday is over so is the romance.

to the top

Well if your other posts are any indication its because you are too picky.

Lets be frank about this. You live in the UK yet are against Brits.

While you may not walk up to the nearest British gay guy and say 'Piss off you Limey wanker!' You do (most likely) scream it in many other ways from how you look at them, to the body language you send out and the tone of voice you have when you talk to them (or is it talk down to them?).

People rarely understand how much they say without opening their mouth just by how they hold their posture, how they squint ever so slightly, or turn their nose up just a hair.

In another thread I discussed finding out of the gay ghetto gays. We are out here - in every country that tolerates us enough to let us live. WE are not coming to you - you have to come out to find us.

Head north into the villages. I understand from Little Brittan that there are villages that only have one gay - find one of those villages and find the villages only gay Wink

Hmmm, surprising to hear that the UK is so racially marginalized when it comes to the appreciation of attraction. Very sorry to hear that.

I would try using some dating sites. I have had a lot of luck and hits with ok cupid using the gay version of the site. So, perhaps try that and see if you get hit on there. Plus, you can look for people who are from the UK. I am sure there is someone in the united kingdom who isn't as shallow as the other fellows you have had experience with.

Good luck!

I don't know.
Maybe you could start by not blaming your singleness on everyone around you?
Even going so far as to blame it on racism. That's pretty pathetic.

You really just haven't had much luck...well...I say that, but you actually have a few exs. That's actually pretty good at your age.

It takes time to get into a relationship; be patient.
And more importantly, be receptive. It seems you've already given up on the local folk.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Sorry, I just feel I have to say this. Just something that gets stuck in my head everytime I read a new thread started by the OP.

Lipstick on a pig.

Keep assking the same/similar questions and expecting to get more favourable responses.

Screams 'attention seeking' to me.

I'm just saying.

dfiant Wrote:Sorry, I just feel I have to say this. Just something that gets stuck in my head everytime I read a new thread started by the OP.

Lipstick on a pig.

Keep assking the same/similar questions and expecting to get more favourable responses.

Screams 'attention seeking' to me.

I'm just saying.

You're a middle aged man with a shirtless photo, what could be more attention seeking than that?!

Hello there,
Firstly may i say not to tie all british gay guys with the same brush.. I for one am a white british male and suprisingly can see out the box... Secondly the whole british guys go for chavs is a old wives tale the question ill ask you is are you camp? Saying all british guys go for white is like saying all asians are completely camp or at least where i live most are... This can be seen as a turn off for many as we dont want to be shagging some guy whos screaming to the world im here im queer and i take it up the rear...
I have been with guys of all different back grounds and dont have a stigma attached and my blood line has black blood in it as my great grandfather was whats inpolitically correct.... A throw back.... white parents black baby.... Go figure eh? (unless my great great grandmother was a slag i dunno) However my nan was born dirty white and so was I as im darker than my mum... I havent found british guys to be this prejudice why not explore different areas of the united kingdom such as Brighton, manchester, gl;asgow, edinburgh, Belfast etc as you will find different areas expect different requirements for meeting someone special as its to do with the up bringing..
I do agree it can be construded as racist and two wrongs dont make a right (why does two negatives make a positive though.... Another go figure???) If british gay guys were truely racist i would question why when the temperature rises they all rush for the sun for example Londoners travel to brighton and soak up the sun... I mean if you didnt want to be with someone whos black or 50/50 then why aim to look like them? Diversity occurs all over the world and can crop up when least expected and if you seek a relationship it wont happen just enjoy life as a whole and it will happen when ready... Being gay isnt easy i admit and at the end of the night you need to understand to put it honestly and bluntly.... The reason they go off and you mis understand they are abandoning you is because usually.... Your just a shag like everyone else... Men tend to think with their dicks and not with their brains (or i do at times but make it clear NSA)... Plus if you want to get to know someone and dont want to be just a shag then make a rule of no sex for a set period because if someone wanted to truely know ytou and know you for you they would see it out... If they dont then sod em

kindest regards
#
Aunty x

britishstudent Wrote:I have mixed heritage so I have a tanned complexion with dark hair and eyes (I'm not going to lie, I do look attractive)

PROVE IT!
Rofl