Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are people so quick to laugh at others?
When somebody says something naive, stupid or just plain off base, why not try to understand the mental state that they're in that causes them to say it instead of ridiculing them?

Ridicule is not trivial. For people like me who have experienced ridicule throughout my entire life, it reinforces my insecurities and makes me feel pretty damn shitty.

It's because every time someone passes judgement it temporarily makes them feel better about themselves. I went through hell when I was younger, so I get it, but eventually you learn to embrace and accept yourself for who you are. Once you do that, nothing anyone says matters.

I laugh at everyone equally. Y'all aren't so special.

First day of six grade on the school bus a bunch of kids made fun if me because of how I laugh. Needless to say ever since I am paraniod to laugh in front of others.

I hated Middle School.

I don't mind being laughed at if I've made a mistake or said something naive. It all depends on what kind of laughter it is; some kinds contain pure malice but others are intended to be friendly and more lighthearted.

SolemnBoy Wrote:I don't mind being laughed at if I've made a mistake or said something naive. It all depends on what kind of laughter it is; some kinds contain pure malice but others are intended to be friendly and more lighthearted.

This is very true

SolemnBoy Wrote:I don't mind being laughed at if I've made a mistake or said something naive. It all depends on what kind of laughter it is; some kinds contain pure malice but others are intended to be friendly and more lighthearted.

On here, I perceive it to be malicious

I think there are a handful of people on here who aren't very nice.
But it's the internet... People think they are allowed to say anything and it doesn't matter cos you can't see them. Tho they wouldn't say stuff to your face they can say it on the internet.

May I pop in here?

My opinion please

There is a difference between being laughed at and laughing with

People who laugh at others have not yet learned life's most important lesson,

The difference between a human being and an animal. :mad:

Arkansota Wrote:On here, I perceive it to be malicious

You perceive malice every time? Never a sense of the teaser hoping you will play along, and generate a lighthearted banter?