Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there so many gay men single and remain single for a long time
We sadly have avery small pond to fish in, the term 'Needle in a haystack" in the world of society comes to mind "sigh"

Many gay men are uninterested in a committed, loving relationship and would rather enforce the awful promiscuity stereotype.

Add to this, I also get the impression from dating quite a few men that there's always issues in the background. A relationship can't work if one party is torn by insecurities and low self-esteem.

Funny how many straight men will stereotype gay men as just wanting sex while at the same time they get defensive if anyone calls them on their sending unasked for dick picks to girls they barely know, even on FB.

Btw, speaking of that:

http://www.today.com/health/guys-we-dont...6C10737155

BASED ON A TRUE STORY (it really is!):

I think it's all worth watching but the story begins at 1:30

Wolfpack Wrote:We sadly have avery small pond to fish in, the term 'Needle in a haystack" in the world of society comes to mind "sigh"
That surprises me... You're from the UK right?

trialbyerror Wrote:That surprises me... You're from the UK right?

Yes I am Dukkie Smile
And yes there are plenty of gay men around, but most are just after one thing, finding someone who wants to be with you and not just your body, is the hard part Sad

Wolfpack Wrote:Yes I am Dukkie Smile
And yes there are plenty of gay men around, but most are just after one thing, finding someone who wants to be with you and not just your body, is the hard part Sad

Oh! I mis-read that one.
You are so right, but may I tweek your post a wee bit?

....Most are after just two things. One is money, the other is.... Well what you had in mind...

i'm single because i'm fed up of relations. i'm tired man and i just want to live in peace and silence without passion. I just wanna lie in my bed all day with nout and do nothing.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Because of a lot of reasons which if I took to writing them all down it would reveal to everyone - even to myself - just how bitter and jaded and totally through I am on the male species.

I prefer to live in denial, yes I admit freely I'm insane. So you wanna date? :biggrin:

Gays have it harder... Most homosexual men have problems, more often than not serious problems. We drink, we do drugs, we have social anxiety issues, depression, PSTD, anorexia, bulimia, cutting and promiscuity which is in most cases just one more form of self destructive behavior we have as a minority.

Go ahead go through our 'advice' section, and see what people say about themselves, how depressed they are, we have social anxiety disorders, we have bulimics, alcoholics, drug abusers (past and present, the present ones ain't talking much about it). Even the ones who think have their shit together go off on their little cray-cray rants and temper tantrums, their masks slipping just enough for you to see that they have 'problems'.

Oh its not be cause we are gay, its because of how we are TREATED for being gay by a predominately straight world still full of bigots.

Consider the following.

A guy says 'That car is so gay'...

Now did he just allude to the sexual preferences of the car? No he just told you that that is a bad choice of automobile for ownership.

He also told you that gay means bad, and boy if you are gay must be bad, because anything that is bad is gay...

http://psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-...ls/0006527

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2072932/

There is also the whole marriage and acceptance of gay men.

When I entered the scene way back in the last century, I had more than one old queen tell me point blank 'OH please, gay men can't really love each other'. That belief was popular in society back then, so popular that many gays took it to be the Gospel Truth...

And whilst society stopped saying 'gay men can't love' directly, each time we were denied marriage the message was loud and clear - "Your so called love, well it ain't."

The older you are the more likely these 'truths' are deep seeded. The more likely you are to be 'insane' a little bit to a whole bit. A little tired of dealing with other people's insanity, a little bit hopeless, a little bit 'over and done' with the whole relationship thing.
We can turn our problems to our favor. We must be more clever more wise more stronger than people who have no so problems as we have.

It's very good. I appreciate my haters -they made me more stronger and clever than if i was like them.
All the people who are different from majority have problems. We have a good company ; Оscar Wild, Chaykovsky, King Richard I Lion Heart, Alexander the Greate, ancient greek Philosophers etc, - is it not reason for being proud?
- if we have wounds of ST Sebastian and strenght of Achilles! ( so many arrows! -sorry!)))
and don't forget about sense of humor ...life is rather comedy than tragedy -cruel comedy.

Well, after having been hit on by every asshole in 3 states, being single seems highly desirable to me. I've had 3 so-called relationships, I'll spare you the unfortunate details...
Seriously Considering becoming a celibate Buddhist monk...