Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How jealous is too jealous?
Major red flags here... tread carefully.

In fact... run. Run fast! Don't look back... other than in fear.

Pretty much agree with what has been posted above, his jealousy is far too extreme and controlling, you don't want to be stuck in such a situation, especially if physical aggression was part of his past relationships. Be careful!

At first I was thinking, ah someone who has been cheated on...

Then your conversation with the Ex and being slapped around....

THAT I can relate too.

And I fear that this is pretty much what #2 did.

Jealousy is one of the potential precursor symptoms of an abuser. And since this guy has a history of slapping his BF, this strongly points down the road of abuse.

Of course this is one potential 'symptom'. http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-a-Poten...lationship does a pretty good job of explaining other symptoms.

Mind, there is the chance your BF has a bad experience... but you know him better than us and can look at your relationship to date to see if there are other warning signs.

The problem with abusers is that they start of charming and kind and all sorts of perfect, but as time wears on they get jealous, and start making minor 'demands' which leads to isolating you from friends and family then comes the abuse.

This jealousy this could be more about getting control over you, and working on isolating you from others in your life.

Do be very careful here. Do not rely solely on my one link. DO by all means Google 'signs of potential abuser' and other variants to get as much data as possible.

Jake Wrote:Jealousy isn't proof of love, it's a controlling behavior, be careful.

I agree with this. Be very careful in this relationship, it has the potential to become very unpleasant very quickly. I agree with another poster that you should try to talk to him in a non-confrontational way. If he insists that he's motivated solely by love, I'd think twice about remaining with him. As Jake says, this is about control, not about love.