Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't I keep a friend?
pellaz Wrote:a 40+year old man will have issues making friends. Most people that age have struggled with a relationship and are out of tune with the friendship thingy. Ask them when was the last time they slept over at a friends house (as only a friend). Not. When was the last time they called on a friend just to hang out.

Gay men as friends is even more difficult. Reference how difficult it would be straight men hanging out with the ladies? How would their wives behave for all that

Say if your good at working on cars, offer your services in return for a person good at computers. Invite friends over to help hang dry wall, something not sexual where an extra pair of hands is a benefit. Consider gay couples going on a date and sleeping in their own beds in the end

I see what your saying, but the "sleep-over" was only because his car had broken down on Christmas Eve and we (my husband and I) had spent our entire day driving them around town so they could see their friends and deliver their presents. By the time it was all over, it was past 10 pm and "Micky's" apartment was over an hour away, so we offered them our spare bedrooms for the night. The next morning it all seemed (to me) that the incident of the night before had been forgotten and when my husband drove them home everyone was all huggs and kisses. It wasn't until New Years Eve that I even became aware that anything was amiss. I hadn't even mentioned the "groping" incident to my husband, as I just chalked it up to too much wine and didn't see the point in getting him upset (if he had known about it he would have made them leave immediately, middle of the night or not).
Non the less, I will continue to believe that you CAN be "just friends" with other gay guys; if I believed otherwise it would be just too depressing imo.
Much love,
Beau