Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't i get him out of my head??
ok guys here it is.. bare with me...

was seeing a guy for about 2 months.all was going great!!.. he ended up breaking it off because he said his life was too fucked up for a relationship... i didn't handle it very well... i fell hard and damn fast for him.. we've stayed friends since.. broke it off back in July last year... the problem being... i my feelings haven't changed for him at all.

the thing i don't understand, he's mentally not my type... he's 19. I'm 23. Physically he's not my type, he's smooth... athletic.. shorter then me. but there is some sort of connection between us... i can't shake it. it's been over 6 months now... and i can't get him out of my head!! it's pissing me off.. i want to move on.. i want to be able to head out, and meet a decent guy and go from there... (many times i have, but in the back of my mind i have "him" in my head) it's extremely frustrating and it's hurting..

... any ideas of how i can shake this?? PLEASE!!

Somehow you just have to get on with whatever else has to happen during your day. A tall order maybe, but eventually things will work through the system and you'll have a more balanced perspective on things.

All the best

I really empathise with you Beano..

There is nothing worse than the process of "getting over" someone. It's been three years since I split with my ex (of nine years) and I have recently reached the point where the thought of him doesn't cause an emotional response.

It's something everyone has to go through and ultimately I think it makes us stronger and more rounded people. The heart is a muscle and needs to be exercised like any other.

The best advice I could possibly give you is to stay busy, spend lots of time with your family and friends and give it time. The cliche is - like most cliches - very true...time heals.

You're a handsome lad and I'm sure your next great love is just around the corner.

Cris x x x