Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did he respond?
Why do guys respond to messages and then stop talking to you for no reason? Am I not their type? If so why bother talking in the first place. Are they looking for something else? Then why are they not up front about it? I feel like telling off these assholes who do this. It's so annoying. Me and this guy looking for the same thing, like similar things, but just stops talking to me for no reason....why?

If you're talking about this being on a dating app then there could be so many different reasons for this. Apps have turned dating into a very quick fix affair where people can window shop, talk and then walk away without explanation if they're not interested. There is no emotional connection being made with apps, which in turn makes it easier for people to just leave conversations as if they never happened in the first place. If someone stops talking to you then don't take it to heart, do what they do and leave the conversation behind as you will rarely get any reasoning for this.

Naturally guys might start off interested but until you get to know each other better you won't know if either of you are right to pursue dating. Therefore it might be after a few conversations that you find out your not compatible.

Everytime I've politely told a guy "sorry, I don't think we're a match/sorry not my type/I don't think we're going anywhere" etc, even to the ones who state "just tell me if not not interested", I've had attitude back like "fuck you then", "your loss" etc. I know there will be exceptions to the rule but most of the time that's the response I've had.

If a conversation fizzles out I take it that;
A) We've run out of interesting things to talk about
B) We might be chatting to a number of guys and one of us has found someone more our type
C) The other guy has started talking about going to the gym. Again. (Sorry, personal example there).
D) Neither of us has instigated the 'let's meet!' conversation so it's drawn to a natural end.

Anyway, your example just sounds normal, don't take it to heart. Wish you all the best on your dating journey Smile

shykid25 Wrote:Why do guys respond to messages and then stop talking to you for no reason? Am I not their type? If so why bother talking in the first place. Are they looking for something else? Then why are they not up front about it? I feel like telling off these assholes who do this. It's so annoying. Me and this guy looking for the same thing, like similar things, but just stops talking to me for no reason....why?

I am going to assume you're on a "dating" app, term dating to be used as a grain of salt...

Guys are often fickle... Seldom are they up front about anything. I wouldn't worry too much about it until you actually meet someone face to face. Not saying to make assumptions, because once you start assuming that every guy you talk to is going to do you the same way you often start being irrational about it. You end up like one of my friends who thinks that they will be lonely all their life because some guy didn't talk to them...

I also find that these guys are probably talking to other guys at the same time. So, either they may hit it off with someone else or forget... Guys are forgetful too, sometimes they don't even get on the apps that much.

In other words, there are many reasons, everything from them being a flake, forgetting, not checking back, or end up talking someone else.

None of those reasons should make you worry. Everyone wants to find that special person, but you can't hurry love. It just takes time...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I agree with all the guys above - but try not to let it get to you , all the apps have so many guys that I know myself that their is nice guys out there

shykid25 Wrote:Why do guys respond to messages and then stop talking to you for no reason? Am I not their type? If so why bother talking in the first place. Are they looking for something else? Then why are they not up front about it? I feel like telling off these assholes who do this. It's so annoying. Me and this guy looking for the same thing, like similar things, but just stops talking to me for no reason....why?

I stoped using this apps for the same reason. because I thought that I was really meeting with guys but then realized that I was loosing my time with all of them, and I personally don't have time to waste.
I get back to the old school method, and even the more pleasent for me, and I mean, meeting someone in person, maybe in a class, on work, or even on street, but always on person,

Why? being more specific, Online I met for example: type A. Interesting guys but when we met on person boring as fuck, B. People that I liked as friends but stoped talking me anyways (is not bad to met friends, so I didn't understand). C. people that were always talking about sex, or were always changing the topic through that way D. people that were too needy for love and say they love you in 3 days since met online.... etc... I used these apps just one year and I realized that in the end of that year I was the same like the begining... Alone. and without anyone new that bring interesting things in my life.

And why I prefer met someone on person, just because of the way things are, the looks, the feels, the words, the approaching, the "I don't know if he's gay but I want to discover if" sensation, the way that first touches occurs etc... and in the end of the year if we weren't couple doesn't matter because I endend with new friends that likes the way I really am.

(I wrote this quickly sorry if I did nonsense writing, I'm not native speaker)

The confusing part is a couple days later, he messaged me saying hey there. I responded back but no reply. This is what confuses me. What was the purpose of that?

shykid25 Wrote:The confusing part is a couple days later, he messaged me saying hey there. I responded back but no reply. This is what confuses me. What was the purpose of that?

First off, obviously none of us can know what's going on with this dude any more than you do. The point being made is this kind of thing happens with hook-up apps. It's typical. So it doesn't have anything to do with YOU. What it shows is the guy is a flake.

Now that being said, the way I play this sort of game is I just say "Hey, what's up" back and just let it hang there. Sometimes days, fuck, I've had even months go by and all of a sudden the same guy hits me back again. Who knows why. Doesn't matter. Hookup apps are NOT about finding love and relationships, much less making any kind of sense. They're about hooking up with someone for immediate sexual gratification. So... some one says "Hi there," ... if you're ready for it say, "Hey, wana fuck? Lets do this," and see where that goes. That's about the level of discourse that goes on via Apps like Grindr, Scruff, Hornet, etc.

That said, obviously there are exceptions to the rule. I have actually made some friends on some of these Apps... "friends" meaning guys I'll probably never actually meet but DO have a back-and-forth with that goes on through time. Generally these are more mature guys... not 20 somethings or younger.

If you're looking for a genuine relationship, chances are a hookup app is NOT going to get you what you want. OR, even if it does, you're going to have to wade through a shit load of bull shit to find it. And even then it'll just be dumb luck.