Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do guys assume?
Jason74 Wrote:I would love to be in a relationship with another guy and what not but I feel like its weird that I am looked at by bears and what ever that I am either a cub or a bear when I am really not. I love the masculinity of guys like that but I am not attracted to heavy set guys. I mean I have a gut but its not that big but I also have a beard but that is because I consider myself a mountain man because where I am living right now is at 9,700 feet above sea level and that is the lifestyle that I live and I love growing a beard.

Why is it assumed that because you have a beard that you are either a bear or a cub when you are not? I just get frustrated with that way of thinking and I really want to date a guy but I don't really want a relationship with a bear, just don't and to be honest I don't want to have a boyfriend that has a beard either and I really don't know why. I see couples that look like each other and I really dont want that. Sorry perhaps I am just venting and its really not a question at all.

If you have a beard and a slightly heavy set (fat, heavily muscular or just big boned) body, you're a bear to me.
Being a bear doesn't mean that you automatically date other bears though. I look nothing like my husbear. If you are a bear, I suppose what you're looking for is what they call a chaser?
Did I mention I love labels?

Jason74 Wrote:If I do end up finding a guy that wants to be with me the beard will have to be part of it cause I will always have one cause its just part of me. If that means certain guys are not going to talk to me because of it then so be it. I guess it doesn't hurt to be considered a bear or a cub but I am just not into guys that are bears, I guess I should have said that from the get go. I am not sure why I am not but I know that I am not into them, lol

Everybody has a type. The stuff you experienced at the bar sounds a tad superficial. A bear is more than a beard Wink

And the other thing - you are going to bars and clubs....

That scene draws a lot of "I live my gay" sort of people. Instead of the "I'm a person who just happens to be gay" kind.

It has been my personal experience that a lot of bar/club goers are all about the 'gay life style' which includes the categorizing and pigeon holing of people into neat compartments of the sub cultures. LGBT who don't go to bars and clubs that often tend to look at people as people first.

Its the scene/culture of the whole deal at work.

You just sound a little lonely. I hope you meet a nice match soon! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart