Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do older threads get locked?
Why can't we post in older threads?

To prevent necrophilia... or necromancy - I get these two terms confused, necrophilia is raising the dead right?

I think when Andy (the site owner/operator) created the forum he set a time limit on how long a thread should lapse before being autolocked.

We do tend to get new people who come in and start bringing up old threads from months ago and the topic is irrelevant to us older members.

Since you are new and most likely have read the 50 post limit, I would suggest playing word games: https://gayspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43 if you are seeking to get your first 50.

And that exists to keep the homophobes and trolls from swamping the site.

If there is a topic you wish to discuss, please feel free to start a new thread. Mind it may be randomly selected for 'review' so may not show immediately, but Andy is real good at reviewing threads rather quickly. Again its a process of weeding out the chaff from the wheat.

And Welcome by the way Wavey

Thanks for the post. That all makes sense.

Thank you Bowyn Aerrow for explaining. I grateful to have Andy moderate the forum.