Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?
I think that god loves everyone, just not what everyone does. I saw this show where this guy was gay and he was performed an exorcism and no longer is gay. So does it come from gods making of you or can it be an evil spirit taken over you.

I don't believe that one guy was ever gay but pretended to be gay just for publicity of some kind.

And the reason religious folks hate gays is because it says that if a man lays with man as he does with women that he should be put to death. It's in Leviticus. When anyone cites that quote from the bible, also remind them that eating shellfish, women wearing clothes made of two different threads, touching the skin of a dead pig, working on "Saturday" (the seventh day of the week), eating bacon and sausage, indoor plumbing, etc are all a sin and abomination to "God".

because they're hypocrites?

reject6 Wrote:I have noticed that most religions do not approve of homosexuality. Mostly have to say,what the hell is there problem? Homosexuality has existed longer than most religions. Does this disgust you? The way so many people are so damn simple minded.

The reason why most religions disapprove of homosexuality is because an overwhelming amount of people used to disapprove of homosexuality.

And, why then, did an overwhelming amount of people disapprove of homosexuality? Because homosexuality used to be an evolutionary disadvantage.
The more babies a certain clan could produce, the more likely that the clan would live on in the future. The clans which accepted homosexuality would've been more likely to die out in the future because they inevitably produced less offspring.

Thus the clans whos members had instinctive prejudices or discriminatory rules against homosexuality were more likely to survive and the survivors wrote the religions.

I hope that was clear.

If homosexuality was an evolutionary disadvantage, then in strict terms of evolution it still is and by the same token should have died out long before humans got around to formulating religions. Also it's no more a disadvantage than celibacy, which has been practiced for one reason or another for a very long time.

By discriminating against homosexuality our forebears may have been actually promoting it, if there is a genetic componenent, by forcing gay people to look normal by breeding.

Welcome to the forum; I too am intrigued by your avatar and would love to make a guess about what it is but alas, there are far too few pixels for me to be able to tell. Post a big pic and let's all have a guess!

Religion is a tool to control the masses...Fear is a tool to control the masses...

What would we do without either?

Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?

The Bible is simply a book that is read by Millions throughout the world. If 20 people read a book you may and most likely will get 20 different opinions. Being bilingual I know from personal experience that when anything is translated there are words and phrases lost in translation. The bible the Koran the Torah are not excluded to persecution by religious Mongols. Religious fanatics throughout the centuries are always trying to critique and rip to pieces anything they consider to be offensive and not according to scripture. Take a closer look at the religious leaders in charge (Rev. Jerry Falwell leading the pack) and decide for yourself what is wrong and who is righteous. My own personal beliefs tend to steer closer to Mass manipulation by religious groups. I keep God in my heart and religion at bey. We are all going to heaven if indeed there is such a place and if you are gay please follow the rainbow flag. God is LOVE and religion has no place in God's world. Just saying!

Pseudo Rob Wrote:The clans which accepted homosexuality would've been more likely to die out in the future because they inevitably produced less offspring.

I am sorry but I disagree. While what you say might be true of female homosexuality, I believe it is false with respect to male homosexuality. Primitive tribes had no shortage of men to father children, one man can father children by many women. Men of high social status often take more than one wife, men of low social status may be unable to find a wife. The offspring not sired by a few gay men would easily be sired by others. So long as those few gay men were economically productive and supported their young siblings and nieces and nephews then there is no reason to believe that an accepting tribe would fail to survive. Especially when you appreciate that most children born would not live to sexual maturity, feeding children better may be a superior reproductive strategy than having more children.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Cardiganwearer Wrote:If homosexuality was an evolutionary disadvantage, then in strict terms of evolution it still is and by the same token should have died out long before humans got around to formulating religions.

Remember that homosexuality has not been shown to be inhereted through the generations.

Cardiganwearer Wrote:Also it's no more a disadvantage than celibacy, which has been practiced for one reason or another for a very long time.

fredv3b Wrote:I am sorry but I disagree. While what you say might be true of female homosexuality, I believe it is false with respect to male homosexuality. Primitive tribes had no shortage of men to father children, one man can father children by many women. Men of high social status often take more than one wife, men of low social status may be unable to find a wife. The offspring not sired by a few gay men would easily be sired by others. So long as those few gay men were economically productive and supported their young siblings and nieces and nephews then there is no reason to believe that an accepting tribe would fail to survive. Especially when you appreciate that most children born would not live to sexual maturity, feeding children better may be a superior reproductive strategy than having more children.

Ah, you guys are right! I shouldnt have spoken so authoritatively on the matter and should've mentioned that I was making it up as i went along :p

Your contributions have been helpful to me. I love to be proved wrong Wink

Cardiganwearer Wrote:Welcome to the forum; I too am intrigued by your avatar and would love to make a guess about what it is but alas, there are far too few pixels for me to be able to tell. Post a big pic and let's all have a guess!

Thanks for your welcome Smile

Big pic posted especially for you Wink -->http://gayspeak.com/93027-post21.html

If homosexuality is a sickness, can I call in queer to work? Wink