Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do religious people not approve of homosexuality?
At this point in time it blows me away that people don't put away the magic fairytales anyway. It puts us so far back.....little to no forward motion. Sorry just my opinion.

Mick

Pseudo Rob Wrote:I was making it up as i went along

That's called thinking for yourself, I approve of that.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I don't really follow the Bible as I'm not too fond of religions that make God out to be jealous, vengeful, petty, or guilty of conditional love... but if I remember correctly, any form of sexual activity that doesn't directly lead to an attempt at procreation between a male and female joined in a matrimonial bond under God was viewed as an abomination. These should include oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, nocturnal emission, thigh fucking, dry humping, and soapy tit wanks, the story being that God blessed men with their holy seed and women with their fertile wombs in order that they might procreate and thus replenish the numbers of humans who die every day so that "HE" might always have someone to worship and magnify his holy name and keep him from feeling bored and lonely ([COLOR="Red"]even though he's refused to speak directly to humans since Adam and Eve bit his holy apple).

I could be wrong, but that's my take on things.[/COLOR]

If you want a bit of fun ask Christians how Adam became a grandfather.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Pseudo Rob Wrote:Ah, you guys are right! I shouldnt have spoken so authoritatively on the matter and should've mentioned that I was making it up as i went along :p

We all make it up as we go along!

Thanks for that bigger version of your avatar, I'm looking into it, but I fear you may have me stumped.

Stumped no longer! I guessed this was civil war period by the costume and I'm pretty sure this is the Levellers or the Diggers confronting authority probably in the shape of the new model army or landowners.

It's a painting (thankyou, Brian Sewell) but I've no idea by whom, though I'm guessing it's more likely nineteenth century than contemporaneous.

<breahtlessly>Am I right, am I right?</breathlessly>

it's because religious people, just like most of us, follow sets of standard and unfortunately, those standard includes hate against homosexuality. i don't blame them for this, i blame the system governing these standards for allowing this to spread and the complexity that comes along with it.

the best thing to do is simply ignore them. we can't change their views and opinions about us, and neither can they to us.

lovelycessa Wrote:the best thing to do is simply ignore them. we can't change their views and opinions about us, and neither can they to us.

Try relling that to someone in Uganda or Malawi.

lovelycessa Wrote:it's because religious people, just like most of us, follow sets of standard and unfortunately, those standard includes hate against homosexuality. i don't blame them for this, i blame the system governing these standards for allowing this to spread and the complexity that comes along with it.

the best thing to do is simply ignore them. we can't change their views and opinions about us, and neither can they to us.
'
Prayers for Bobby...

...and I DO blame them........they are completely responsible for their beliefs and the damage they cause.

cynmart5 Wrote:I think that god loves everyone, just not what everyone does. I saw this show where this guy was gay and he was performed an exorcism and no longer is gay. So does it come from gods making of you or can it be an evil spirit taken over you.

I've heard of all sorts of programs and procedures people go through to "cure" their homosexuality, but you can never really tell what's going on inside another person and denial can run extremely deep especially when paired with conditional acceptence given by peers and family. People will come out of the closet and then hop right back in and lock the door, and all for the sake of familial peace and normalcy . Unfortunately, what happens next is you get a 45 to 50 year old man who has wasted his youth on a woman he never really loved in the romantic sense and a confused and sometimes angry family when he finally decides ([COLOR="Red"]or is forced) to come to terms with the fact that he really is gay. [/COLOR]