Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do so many condemn or dislike bisexuality?
partis Wrote:Its "maths" not "math"…

not to be pedantic but there is no s in arithmetic Tongue

To me bisexuality implies that you are sexually fulfilled by sex with both genders, therefore you can not have a single person that can completely fulfill your sexual desires.

I don't have a problem with bisexual people but then I'm a believing in open relationships so the problem of bisexuality and monogamy isn't an issue as I see it.

As someone who thinks he might be bisexual (I'm not even completely sure yet), I'm more afraid of coming out as that than I would be coming out as gay. A lot of people have accepted homosexuality because it's not a choice. They were born this way. When people ask if it is a choice, a gay person would say that's stupid because why would they choose the more difficult life. But if a bisexual told someone they were bisexual, I feel like most people would be like "Oh okay, well that still means you like the opposite sex, right? Then no problem, you can still be normal." So if a bisexual feel in love with someone of the same sex, people would feel more justified in condemning and criticizing them because they CHOSE to be disgusting and a sinner and whatnot. Gay people get a pass because they don't have a choice.

People don't believe its real because way to many homosexuals use it as a stepping stone on the way from straight to gay.

Sadly this makes it difficult for most people to accept that there really is a halfway step.

Another issue is that too many bisexuals seem to have a problem with picking one person (we don't care if its male or female) but just one person and sticking with them. This is further complicated that when a bisexual ends a relationship with one gender they decide to go date the other gender because they are fed up with Gender X... gays and straights see this and assume that the real reason why you broke up with Gender X for Gender Z is because you got bored with Gender X - yeah sure, s/he beat the crap out of you, or slept around... sorry people don't buy that not when the gossip mill grinds the idea that you just tired of one gender and went for the other.

So it all boils down to behaviors that really have nothing to do with bisexuality, but behaviors that make 'bi' look bad.

I think the worst are those who use bisexuality as a stepping stone to homosexuality. That does far more damage to bisexuality as a concept than bisexuals who bounce between genders for partners.

20/20 hindsight being what it is, people hear 'bi' and automatically assume you are actually gay trying to pretend to be only half-gay that way you can get some of the kudos of the straight card... Its sneaky, and people don't like sneaky.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I think the worst are those who use bisexuality as a stepping stone to homosexuality. That does far more damage to bisexuality as a concept than bisexuals who bounce between genders for partners.

20/20 hindsight being what it is, people hear 'bi' and automatically assume you are actually gay trying to pretend to be only half-gay that way you can get some of the kudos of the straight card... Its sneaky, and people don't like sneaky.
This.

I don't want to paint all bis with the same brush, as I know there are a lot of genuine bisexuals out there and probably reading this, but take for example Tom Daley. He came out as being "bi" last year, but now admits he is actually gay, but at the time saying he was still attracted to girls made it easier for him to come out.

Chimpy Wrote:Tom Daley. He came out as being "bi" last year, but now admits he is actually gay, but at the time saying he was still attracted to girls made it easier for him to come out.

Really, he’s gay now? People said that would happen, his boyfriend is lovely tho.

megumidesu Wrote:i've also heard a lot of gay men say that they wouldn't date a bisexual man because if he left them for a woman it would be much worse than if he left them for another man . which is something i won't ever understand .
And I've heard straight men voice the identical concern.

But the larger point (in my view) is the assumption that the relationship will end when one partner leaves the other for someone else. Generally relationships end when they don't work any more.

I've been in a lot of relationships, and they've been notoriously short-lived, but I never left a relationship with my next partner already picked out. Sometimes it's been months or even years before I connect with anyone else (ironically enough, I usually bounce back quicker when I'm the one who got dumped).

I'll admit I went though the whole "I'm bi" phase. But that said I'm totally jelous of actual bi people. You guys get the best of both worlds (And the worst at times)

Margaret cho a wonderful bi comedian tells a story about how one of her bfs used her as "dick training wheels" tm . If his foot was on my boob he could have as much dick as he wanted.