Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do straight men always feel like gay men are coming on to them?
Where did I read that a relatively high percentage of gay people would rather date another gay person than try converting a straight person?

It is the straight male's ego, especially in front of females. Many of these so called butch males are hostile to gay men, because they fear a female will reject them for not being very masculine if they have any contact with gay men . Another issue is the perception of being gay, many straight men still believe in the stereotype gay. Being soft, into girlie things and a high voice etc., not all gay men are like that. Only through better education on accepting different sexualities will hopefully improve these issues.

Eventually over time these butch males will become extinct just like the Neanderthal man because of their small brains and the inability to adapt to the changing world we live in.

Many straight men feel uncomfortable being around gay men. This uncomfortable feeling is usually based on misguided perceptions of homosexuality that they learn in school yards, or from family and friends, or church. The first thing most people learn about homosexuals is the derogatory names that gays & lesbians are called. It certainly doesn't help when people focus on the 50% that are very promiscuous within our community while ignoring the other 50% who are not. It's no wonder they are afraid to associate with us when they perceive ALL gays & lesbians in a negative light.

These uncomfortable feelings can be classified as Homophobia = the fear of being in close quarters with a gay man.

LMAO @ Rychard the Lionheart. Here's to evolution.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:... Eventually over time these butch males will become extinct just like the Neanderthal man because of their small brains and the inability to adapt to the changing world we live in.
... although we retain about 4% Neanderthal DNA. So who was trying to turn whom in this prehistoric interbreeding? Wink

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Many straight men feel uncomfortable being around gay men. This uncomfortable feeling is usually based on misguided perceptions of homosexuality that they learn in school yards, or from family and friends, or church. The first thing most people learn about homosexuals is the derogatory names that gays & lesbians are called. It certainly doesn't help when people focus on the 50% that are very promiscuous within our community while ignoring the other 50% who are not. It's no wonder they are afraid to associate with us when they perceive ALL gays & lesbians in a negative light.

These uncomfortable feelings can be classified as Homophobia = the fear of being in close quarters with a gay man.

Yup, that's pretty accurate. I was sorta like that when I thought I was straight. However I didn't find out I was gay until I was 13-14.

marshlander Wrote:... although we retain about 4% Neanderthal DNA. So who was trying to turn whom in this prehistoric interbreeding? Wink

It would be interesting to find out if these butch males have a higher level of Neanderthal DNA. Sounds like a good idea for some professor's research paper and a government grant. :biggrin: