Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you love where you live?
We don't have to argue. My request is that everyone (including me) needs to stop putting down other states. I don't like California because I was raised in an area that is so different for it. You don't like Arkansas because rednecks aren't your thing. That's okay. We can agree to love different places for different reasons. That's what's great about this planet. There's a place somewhere that's perfect for every person.

where I live is very rural and I can go for long walks with the dogs on 100 different paths all within 10 mins of our house - a silly one is having the same accent as everyone around me is a comfort ,,nothing worse than going away and people look at me like I just spoken some alien language to them lol , apparently ive been told we have a very hard accent to grasp - hate having to talk slowly and pronounce words in a way they will follow better Smile

I like it in the city when the air is so thick and
opaque
I love to see everybody in short skirts, shorts and
shades
I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides

Shows that we ain't gonna stand shit
Shows that we are united
Shows that we ain't gonna take it

[Image: Gosling-Crying.gif]

I'm sorry, I just...

5 minutes walk to the beach
30 second walk to the nearest estuary
5 minute drive to the nearest farm
5 minute drive to 1 of 3 shopping centres
15 minute drive to a rain forest
100km from the nearest CBD (Brisbane)
day time temps rarely under 20c all year round
Evening temps rarely under 8c in winter
peaceful
I could keep going on, put I don't want to ruin the last good point

Arkansota Wrote:We don't have to argue. My request is that everyone (including me) needs to stop putting down other states. I don't like California because I was raised in an area that is so different for it. You don't like Arkansas because rednecks aren't your thing. That's okay. We can agree to love different places for different reasons. That's what's great about this planet. There's a place somewhere that's perfect for every person.

Who ever said rednecks aren't my thing?

You assumed a great deal here. You assume that California is all that different than the Midwest or the South. Truth is where I currently live is very much like The Midwest and the south - its farm country, conservative. I live on the outskirts of a small town 6,640 (Hughson) and then there is Ceres: 45,417.

BTW if we ever met in person you would assume I was a redneck - 'cause I sorta kinda act like one.

Arkansota Wrote:We don't have to argue. My request is that everyone (including me) needs to stop putting down other states. I don't like California because I was raised in an area that is so different for it.

This (and your post before) contradicts your reason for wanting to move to the South to get far away and radically different from where you were raised.